• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Great game so far...but the humor is kinda lame

User Info: AntiProposal

AntiProposal
4 weeks ago#11
soulwolf1 posted...
Yuji Kaido posted...
2's writer is desperately needed.

When I saw that theres different multiple writers for BL3 I thought to myself "this isn't going to be as humorous" cause usually multiple writers together are never on the same page.

Lol, nice one.
http://i.imgur.com/3FK9236.gif

User Info: sycoKinesis

sycoKinesis
4 weeks ago#12
Don't know what people are expecting at this point. Every Borderlands game has this type of humor engrained into it's essence. Now, I understand some people don't dig the jokes, I get it, but you bought the game, knowing this is what you were getting. It'd be like buying a pizza but you hate pizza crust.
I don't need a quote

User Info: mdkares

mdkares
4 weeks ago#13
sycoKinesis posted...
Don't know what people are expecting at this point. Every Borderlands game has this type of humor engrained into it's essence. Now, I understand some people don't dig the jokes, I get it, but you bought the game, knowing this is what you were getting. It'd be like buying a pizza but you hate pizza crust.

That's the thing. I/we don't feel like we got what we expected. The humor is weak and falls flat compared to BL2. The writers for this just seem like they pulled them from a just-starting-out improv group.
Stop trying to describe the glass as half full or half empty. It's simply twice as big as it needs to be.

User Info: Crashrfc

Crashrfc
4 weeks ago#14
sycoKinesis posted...
Don't know what people are expecting at this point.

Probably just annoyed their new favourite thing wasn't referenced.

User Info: Dcrenshaw04

Dcrenshaw04
4 weeks ago#15
I’ll take a less interesting story in favor of better gameplay. Which this one has imo.
With the patience of a viper, Black eliminated them all.
PSN-Crenshaw4

User Info: willm_360

willm_360
4 weeks ago#16
ClapTrap was endearing and funny.

Now he’s just incredibly annoying.
I like seeing people rant about stupid things

User Info: DBN_Stealth

DBN_Stealth
4 weeks ago#17
its supposed to be cringey thats the point.

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
4 weeks ago#18
mdkares posted...
sycoKinesis posted...

That's the thing. I/we don't feel like we got what we expected. The humor is weak and falls flat compared to BL2. The writers for this just seem like they pulled them from a just-starting-out improv group.

Spot on. And a lot of the BL2 jokes had some weight to them, but here it just seems like they put in the first thing that popped into their heads.

The humor in BL3 is already better than the Pre Sequel which is no hard challenge, but overall it just feels randomly thrown out instead of thought of.

The difference can really be felt going from 2 to pre sequel to this.
Beat Rush. Somersault. Waterkick. Meteodrive. Dolphin Blow. Meteor Strike. Final Heaven.

User Info: OmegaAP

OmegaAP
4 weeks ago#19
evenflow80 posted...
Like I keep saying: it's what an unhip group of 40 year old THINK the cool young kids think is hip or trendy or funny . Fyi I'm 37 years old , and would never even attempt to use words like "boo" or "fam" or any of that crap, because it will sound fake and disingenuous

come on fam
Final Fantasy: 10=7>6>9>4>8>15>12>5>3>2>1>13

User Info: JawlessJack

JawlessJack
4 weeks ago#20
Handsome Jack is really hard to follow.

And yeah, I hate Ara...she pretty much dropkicked Claptrap off the pedestal for the most annoying character in the franchise. Claptrap at least has some charm to him and his flaws are typically marked with good intentions and unfortunate irony. I have enjoyed the stuff with Clay though and gonna take my time with the B-team...which seems to be better. But some of the boss and bad dudes come across as a little too antagonistic.

I still love the game, but wish they spent more time adding in stuff with the old band of heroes than having idiots scream things into your echo device....don't vault hunters use the mute button?
ARISE CHICKEN! ARISE!
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Great game so far...but the humor is kinda lame
  • Topic Archived