• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Great game so far...but the humor is kinda lame

User Info: soulwolf1

soulwolf1
4 weeks ago#1
I'm loving the game so far but to me the humor is just kinda lame in this one. Like writers tried too hard to be funny.
3DS FC: 4570-8265-6081

User Info: evenflow80

evenflow80
4 weeks ago#2
Like I keep saying: it's what an unhip group of 40 year old THINK the cool young kids think is hip or trendy or funny . Fyi I'm 37 years old , and would never even attempt to use words like "boo" or "fam" or any of that crap, because it will sound fake and disingenuous
"Yadamblahblahblahbla" - Toadsworth in Super Mario Sunshine.

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
4 weeks ago#3
2's writer is desperately needed.
Beat Rush. Somersault. Waterkick. Meteodrive. Dolphin Blow. Meteor Strike. Final Heaven.

soulwolf1
4 weeks ago#4
evenflow80 posted...
Like I keep saying: it's what an unhip group of 40 year old THINK the cool young kids think is hip or trendy or funny . Fyi I'm 37 years old , and would never even attempt to use words like "boo" or "fam" or any of that crap, because it will sound fake and disingenuous

This very much this. BL2 was legitimately funny. I've only chuckled like 3 times in this one. Gameplay is awesome at least. The antagonists is just plain lame and annoying, especially Tyreen.

Edit: bl2 was legitimately funny at alot of points of the game*.

User Info: Secramor

Secramor
4 weeks ago#5
Yeah it's pretty rough at times. A lot of it is far more cringey than it is funny.

soulwolf1
4 weeks ago#6
Yuji Kaido posted...
2's writer is desperately needed.

When I saw that theres different multiple writers for BL3 I thought to myself "this isn't going to be as humorous" cause usually multiple writers together are never on the same page.

User Info: Crashrfc

Crashrfc
4 weeks ago#7
soulwolf1 posted...
This very much this. BL2 was legitimately funny.

Is endless meme fingerpointing and pop culture parodying really all that legit funny? I don't think it is. The only difference between Borderlands 2 and 3 is Handsome Jack.

User Info: mdkares

mdkares
4 weeks ago#8
I have to agree. I think they've lost a few steps in their writing. It's like they have a whole new cast of writers that never researched BL2 for things to aim for. I'm not looking for stand-up act levels of laugh out loud comedic talent, but so far there's only been maybe 1 or 2 times I was even mildly amused. Good one-liners are almost completely absent in this one.
Stop trying to describe the glass as half full or half empty. It's simply twice as big as it needs to be.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
4 weeks ago#9
The humour is absolutely terrible for the most part. At least in Borderlands 2 there were some jokes which hit their mark. Here... no, just no. Worst part of a great game. The characters are all annoying too, with very few exceptions, they've even made some returning characters more annoying too.

Then they (mid game level 22-24 spoiler) kill off Maya and we have that horrible piece of s*** character Ava to replace her. When it happened I was playing with randoms in co-op micless and all four without hesitation went to town on Ava's avatar after the cut scene played out, was a nice moment in weird way as without talking we all knew what we all thought. Maybe she will end up being a good character later in the game, but I highly doubt it.
PLAYING - Fire Emblem Three Houses (NS), Final Fantasy VIII (NS), Borderlands 3 (PS4)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: G4meHawk

G4meHawk
4 weeks ago#10
Agreed, however I never found BL2 that funny either outside of jack.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Great game so far...but the humor is kinda lame
  • Topic Archived