• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Would you say it's better than Borderlands 2?

User Info: fan_of_butt

fan_of_butt
4 weeks ago#11
Once the technical problems are dealt with, I'd say yes gameplay-wise. The writing is horrendously bad though. If it were a film, Emoji Movie levels of Rotten would be fair. As an overall experience, especially right now, 2 is better.

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
4 weeks ago#12
I like the UI better in Borderlands 2 though ike when you pause the game and bring up the menu and you can see your character in the world.

User Info: Lsnake

Lsnake
4 weeks ago#13
I haven't beaten it yet, so it's too early to tell. It's easily the best in the franchise from a pure gameplay perspective, with even more build and gear options, better controls for moving around, better visual variety, but the story hasn't gripped me the same way the second did yet.

Still, when it feels THIS good to play, it's hard to say no. It feels incredibly satisfying to play, the shooting is rewarding as heck and the gun variety is beyond crazy. Only once I've played through it, checked out the endgame and lasting value and story satisfaction will I know. Right now it's on a "Maybe/Maybe not" scale, but it's stil amazing.
..where I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Would you say it's better than Borderlands 2?
  • Topic Archived