• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Console version quality at launch

User Info: Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz
4 days ago#1
Since no one has yet see the game run on a console - Will the PS4 version be broken at launch?

2k is being shady with review copies, and in particular only giving out pc review copies - and old builds at that. It stinks of “crunch time”, and I wonder if devs are still applying last minute duct tape before launch.

User Info: Sokarus

Sokarus
4 days ago#2
I expect it will be largely ok, though maybe some small things. They had years to work on this game and kept it secret for ages. They announced it when they were ready and it went gold around a month before launch. Patches, I expect, will be for small things and balancing.
PSN: EpicDamo

User Info: Mimura

Mimura
4 days ago#3
Sokarus posted...
I expect it will be largely ok, though maybe some small things. They had years to work on this game and kept it secret for ages. They announced it when they were ready and it went gold around a month before launch. Patches, I expect, will be for small things and balancing.
pretty much how I feel
"Perhaps f*** off might be too kind."

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
4 days ago#4
I've watched a Stream on Twitch on the PS4 Pro for about an hour and the streamer was complimenting how well the game was running in 'performance mode'. So I feel a lot better about it now. The "no console review worry" has gone for me now.
PLAYING - Fire Emblem Three Houses (NS), Final Fantasy VIII (NS), Borderlands 3 (PS4)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
4 days ago#5
KOTRwhoops posted...
I've watched a Stream on Twitch on the PS4 Pro for about an hour and the streamer was complimenting how well the game was running in 'performance mode'. So I feel a lot better about it now. The "no console review worry" has gone for me now.

I'm more concerned about how it runs on normal PS4s. Not sure if I want to upgrade to a Pro just for one game.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
4 days ago#6
Maetch posted...
I'm more concerned about how it runs on normal PS4s. Not sure if I want to upgrade to a Pro just for one game.

Fair enough, seen nothing on the base version unfortunately.
PLAYING - Fire Emblem Three Houses (NS), Final Fantasy VIII (NS), Borderlands 3 (PS4)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: FrozenHELL78

FrozenHELL78
4 days ago#7
Maetch posted...
KOTRwhoops posted...

It’ll run similar to the pro. With More frame rate dips. I don’t understand why everyone worries about this.

Games are developed on normal PS4. And then optimized for the pro.
Nice!!

User Info: CoachTravis

CoachTravis
4 days ago#8
I found a stream on Youtube that seems to be on base PS4, and it looks like it's running at a pretty smooth 30 FPS, with occasional very minor stutters. It doesn't look perfect, but better than I feared, considering how awful some recent games have been on base PS4.

To the above poster: Have you seen some recent games on base PS4? it's very easy to be worried. Control in particular was borderline unplayable at launch. Thankfully, this seems much better than that, at least, from what I've seen, if the footage is indeed base PS4.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Luna_the_wolf

Luna_the_wolf
4 days ago#9
I have to admit I'm a little worried about how it will run, even on a pro. I've already decided not to preorder, so I'll probably wait a few extra hours on Friday just to make sure it doesn't come out as some kind of unplayable mess.

User Info: BigLongDowner

BigLongDowner
4 days ago#10
I’m playing on the Xbox One X and made it to level 9 with Zane. Performance mode feels to be a smooth 60fps with some minor dips here and there.
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Console version quality at launch
  • Post New Message