• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Any weapon types in bl2 that you wouldn't use?

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
4 days ago#21
All Bandit weapons were trash and never even got a look from me.

Most E-tech guns too. they used way too much ammo for what they did.
In the future both men and women will go to the gynecologist. But only women will be getting their moneys worth
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: ors_kar

ors_kar
4 days ago#22
Assault rifles were just really bad. SMGs usually out did them in fire rate, range and elemental effect chance.

Elements:
Any shock weapon - shields always went down fast and every other elemental effect felt more damaging in general (tesla grenades were nice in having no friendly fire though)

Manufacturers:
Bandit: bad recoil/accuracy, I'm not into spraying all day.
Dahl snipers: I don't want burst fire while scoped, especially with the long reload time I'll end up with soon.
Jakobs assault rifles: usually weak mag size and crits not quite being good enough to make for the hand fatigue mashing semi auto all day.
Hyperion pistols: other types just so much better
Maliwan snipers: always seemed good on paper but I'd end up just picking up a jakobs that crapped all over it. Their smgs and pistols were much better for elements.
Tediore Smgs: great damage at times but higher capacity tediore meant always running out of ammo fast unless I got boringly disciplined.
Vladof barrel assault rifles: either the accuracy would be poor or the mag would be too small to get the most out of the fire rate.

Seems I had a problem with something with everything except Torgue lol.

Also agree on e-tech being underwhelming in practice but the effect was fun (and tps built nicely on that with proper lasers)

GiSS88 posted...
I probably gimp myself, but I never use rocket launchers. Someday I'll make a build that utilizes them, maybe Moze.

I was never really a fan of using launchers since they'd be broken vs mobs but quickly low on ammo. Against bosses, they were usually mediocre (well any boss that was giving you a hard time at least). My typical normal combat use was just for quickly shutting down badasses/etc minibosses if my action skill couldn't handle it.

The best use I found for them was getting second winds in awkward situations, like enemies suddenly deciding to all get behind cover/out of easy hipfire weapon range just as you go down, so I'll still always have a slot open for the strongest launcher I can find just in case.
PSN: theguitarist
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Gwynbleidds

Gwynbleidds
4 days ago#23
I don't think I've ever kept a Vladof as part of my arsenal. I always find something better.

User Info: Drahd

Drahd
4 days ago#24
Hyperion snipers, most bandit weapons, almost every assault rifle.

Torgue shotguns were great with Zero/Maya since they could passively increase bullet speed. Other than that & Harold, not many torgue weapons to use.
I've been through the desert on a horse with no name.

User Info: Luna_the_wolf

Luna_the_wolf
4 days ago#25
Didn't find myself using shotguns as often as the others because it made my cheesy phaselock/heal orb strategy harder to implement.
GiSS88 posted...
I probably gimp myself, but I never use rocket launchers. Someday I'll make a build that utilizes them, maybe Moze.

Rocket feel very underpowered,like they dont deal enough damage.
Kid Buu>>>>>>>All other Buu.

User Info: Black_Crusher

Black_Crusher
4 days ago#27
lilhurk1985187 posted...
GiSS88 posted...

Rocket feel very underpowered,like they dont deal enough damage.

I used to only use them in FFYL situations, before I found out about the Harold. Even then I'd sometimes aim too close and it'd just kill me again haha.
My roguelike, Equin: The Lantern!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/547980/Equin_The_Lantern/

User Info: kel25

kel25
4 days ago#28
Never bothered with any of the dart stuff. I'd use Hyperion shotguns but wouldn't touch their other stuff.

Was good with most weapons.

User Info: Dirrdevil

Dirrdevil
1 day ago#29
Nabinator posted...
DuneMan posted...
One thing to remember is that you get ammo for picking up a weapon. So even if you find some ratty white rarity launcher, picking it up will give you 8 rockets, IIRC.
Okay wow, 7 years later and I did not know that

Me neither. Is that true for B3?

I always picked up rocket launchers anyway because they have a high base price for selling.
Nerds are the worst. - a lifelong nerd

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
1 day ago#30
Dirrdevil posted...
Is that true for B3?

Yes, though it's not always as impressive. E.g. picking up a pistol will give you 10 shots...
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Any weapon types in bl2 that you wouldn't use?
  • Post New Message