• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Any weapon types in bl2 that you wouldn't use?
I hate the weapons that lose accuracy the longer you fire it. I also hate and won't use weapons that take more than 2 ammo per shot.
Kid Buu>>>>>>>All other Buu.

User Info: Srk700

Srk700
6 days ago#12
Hyperion snipers. The reverse recoil gimmick was didn't really work that well with snipers

Bandit anything (aside from rocket launchers and the Sawbar). Really hate long reloads, which Bandit weapons were notorious for. RLs were an exception since they weren't that much longer than other manufacturers, all of which had long reloads aside from Tediore.

Tediore anything (aside from a couple legendaries). Also didn't like their gimmick. Mainly because they chewed through ammo so fast.

Edit: Forgot about Jakobs assault rifles, which I didn't like for the same reason I don't like Bandit weapons (long reloads). Though the ones with Vladof barrels were fine since they were so strong.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Azztec

Azztec
6 days ago#13
Srk700 posted...
Hyperion snipers. The reverse recoil gimmick was didn't really work that well with snipers

This 100%

Even if I had my preferences, I could make use of most weapons to some capacity, and some character builds could make better use out of less useful types, but I could never appreciate the Hyperion gimmick on a sniper.
She told me I was utterly incapable of making a connection. I told her I didn't have any bars.
Gamertag/PSN id: Azzerrific

User Info: Black_Crusher

Black_Crusher
6 days ago#14
I almost never used Jacobs unless it was a sniper or Hyperion in general.

I never really liked the 'dart' pistols much, or those AR / grenade launchers that took 4 ammo per shot or whatever.

Edit: Oh and Dahl snipers are RIGHT OUT
My roguelike, Equin: The Lantern!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/547980/Equin_The_Lantern/
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: leingod41

leingod41
6 days ago#15
Torgue pistols.
Dahl everything.
Tediore everything
Hyperion rifles.
Bandit everything.
Expert at nothing. Amateur at everything.
Seriousness wrapped in sarcasm and lightly battered in hatred.

User Info: Mimura

Mimura
6 days ago#16
Dart pistols
"Perhaps f*** off might be too kind."
In practice I never really used rocket launchers. I usually made sure I had one in my inventory at all times but never equipped it.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Xanthus179

Xanthus179
6 days ago#18
JackApostrophe posted...
In practice I never really used rocket launchers. I usually made sure I had one in my inventory at all times but never equipped it.

Ha! I was the same way. I maybe used it for some boss battles, but a lot of the time I forgot to try and switch my loadout around because I was caught up by all the craziness occurring on the screen.

Also, I don't use shotguns. At least, I try not to be close enough to enemies to effectively use a shotgun.
"What's worse, thinking you're being paranoid or knowing you should be?" Primer

User Info: kevin804635

kevin804635
6 days ago#19
Any kind of rocket launcher. They all felt so clunky to me in BL2 (really the whole series if I'm honest) and never did an amount of damage that I was happy with - even on explosive builds.

Most explosive assault rifles. Only ones with a sufficiently high rate of fire were satisfying enough for me to use. Otherwise, I'd have to get in real close to ensure my bullets all hit (and at that point, why not just use a shotgun or pistol?)

Speaking of which, explosive pistols as well with the exception of the legendary one that Sal players like. That one was literally the only explosive pistol that I enjoyed using.

User Info: GiSS88

GiSS88
6 days ago#20
I probably gimp myself, but I never use rocket launchers. Someday I'll make a build that utilizes them, maybe Moze.
PSN: NoJ87
Switch: SW-5330-1803-1727 *PM if you add me
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Any weapon types in bl2 that you wouldn't use?
  • Post New Message