• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Any weapon types in bl2 that you wouldn't use?

User Info: FireAsset

FireAsset
4 days ago#1
For me, non Jakobs pistols would usually get ignored, unless it was a named pistol with an element that i needed.
Tediore shotguns (blech)
All rocket launchers. Was playing Sal when I first got the game, got downed and tried to stand back up with a rocket launcher against a psycho, did absolute ph***-all for damage and i died.
From the videos I've seen of BL3, everything has seemed very fun to use though.
Anything that yourselves wouldn't use in bl2?
"Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls! They're small, And they don't give a ****!!!"---www.tourettesguy.com
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 days ago#2
In response to your post, Vladof and Hyperion pistols could actually be quite good. They were a bit ammo hungry, but the damage was there. They're much easier on your trigger buttons too.

For rocket launchers, with generics, the main thing to look for was a Maliwan exhaust. Those would boost projectile speed. From there you just needed to look at the parts. Bandit launchers were fairly ammo efficient. Torgue launchers could deal amazing damage, but you also wanted a matching Torgue grip or a Tediore scope to boost the reload speed.

As for stuff that I ignored in BL2, almost the entire Assault Rifle class. I made exceptions for certain manufacturers if they had the Vladof minigun barrels. Some of the basic Torgue rifles were fun in a first playthrough as well, or with characters specced for AoE damage.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Xcavvv

Xcavvv
4 days ago#3
Dahl, sans sandhawk.
Bandit, sans chopper.
Psn: BreakfastSage
[This message was deleted at the request of a filthy casual]

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
4 days ago#4
Most bandit ARs were so s*** imo. Sub par accuracy coupled with slow firing rates. Vladof was always a better choice.

I always thought Dahl didn't pack too much of a punch either (legendaries don't count). Combat rifles in BL1 were better than Dahl assault rifles in BL2.

Torgue ARs blue or purple quality were friggin dope, especially for a gunzerker.

I also hardly ever touched Rocket Launchers in general. Not sure why. Maybe due to ammo being scarce and expensive I just never bothered.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 days ago#5
Nabinator posted...
Maybe due to ammo being scarce and expensive I just never bothered.

One thing to remember is that you get ammo for picking up a weapon. So even if you find some ratty white rarity launcher, picking it up will give you 8 rockets, IIRC.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Nabinator
4 days ago#6
DuneMan posted...
One thing to remember is that you get ammo for picking up a weapon. So even if you find some ratty white rarity launcher, picking it up will give you 8 rockets, IIRC.
Okay wow, 7 years later and I did not know that

Nabinator
4 days ago#7
DuneMan posted...
In response to your post, Vladof and Hyperion pistols could actually be quite good. They were a bit ammo hungry, but the damage was there. They're much easier on your trigger buttons too.

Vladof pistols were dope and were usually a better option than Vladof assault rifles (depending on the make). More damage per bullet, faster firing rates with just slightly smaller magazines.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: zegram33

zegram33
4 days ago#8
Personally-anything hyperion
just never liked there gimmick really, wasting bullets to bring it into line with other more useful guns...annoying
Only hated ARs because they felt so weak and all bandit weapons. Other than that almost any gun type was viable on my 1st playthrough. Somewhat true on TVM and then in UVM and beyond only a handful of guns were actually useful
FFBE 978,557,395
3DS FCs 4742-5347-4933 (Y) 0044-3673-1990 (X)

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 days ago#10
Nabinator posted...
DuneMan posted...
Okay wow, 7 years later and I did not know that

Me either. Damn the random things you learn sometimes.

zegram33 posted...
Personally-anything hyperion
just never liked there gimmick really, wasting bullets to bring it into line with other more useful guns...annoying

I don't think this is going to be quite as much of an issue this go round. It doesn't look like they do that crazy spastic bouncing around in the beginning anymore, just get a tighter crosshair. Also, those shields on the front now are pretty damn cool, assuming they have enough health to actually last more than one shot at high difficulties haha.
(edited 4 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Any weapon types in bl2 that you wouldn't use?
  • Post New Message