• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. I kind of get all the hate regarding Borderlands "humor "

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
4 days ago#31
See, I've always liked the humor because it's just plain stupid. It's like watching a Troma film where you can't not laugh at the absurdity of it all.
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
4 days ago#32
I like the humor.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
4 days ago#33
I thought they did a good job in BL2. Some of it is cringy, but it really isn't a detriment to the game.
In the future both men and women will go to the gynecologist. But only women will be getting their moneys worth
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: sycoKinesis

sycoKinesis
4 days ago#34
TrueDozenMarks posted...
sycoKinesis posted...
jericho777 posted...
Mega-Gazz posted...
QFT.

Had to "Google" QFT. Now I feel lame. Wait, did I just "parentheses" Google???

You'll be alright. You just need a little bit of the bubbly!!

You. I like you.

Mimura posted...
sycoKinesis posted...
You'll be alright. You just need a little bit of the bubbly!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv4HdKI1knw

Two thumbs up, fellas!
I don't need a quote
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 days ago#35
jon davis posted...
evenflow80 posted...
Not so much the forced memes and "fam" lingo that is basically a bunch of 40 year olds trying to sound like what they *think* the cool kids sound like , but a perfect example of the extemely cringy humor are for example the videos where the vault hunters start dancing for no reason while shooting at enemies , or that idiotic Brick playing saxaphone bit. It's so dumb and forced it's not even ironically funny . Its just trying waaaay too hard to seem quirky and fun and hip and cool , but instead comes off as trying too hard and having no idea how humor actually works

I almost cringed myself inside out at the “You want guns with legs? We got you boo” in the original trailer.

Guns with legs are funny.

"Boo" is cringey.

But then most kids slang nowadays IS really cringey. Like I wanna be self aware and say it's just not my generation but nah it really is just that dumb. Boo/bae/fam s*** is dumb.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
4 days ago#36
Degalon posted...

"Boo" is cringey.

But then most kids slang nowadays IS really cringey. Like I wanna be self aware and say it's just not my generation but nah it really is just that dumb. Boo/bae/fam s*** is dumb.
Not just kid slang but gamer slang is just awful as well. Hearing someone yell "yeet" makes me die a little on the inside. Now I just realize I'm a curmudgeonly old man at the age of 30...
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 days ago#37
Auron772 posted...
Degalon posted...

"Boo" is cringey.

Not just kid slang but gamer slang is just awful as well. Hearing someone yell "yeet" makes me die a little on the inside. Now I just realize I'm a curmudgeonly old man at the age of 30...

Dude when I was 20 at college I heard a girl go "ugh, WANT".

I dont think I've ever given another human being a look of more disgust than I did to her day.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: BDSMKane

BDSMKane
4 days ago#38
Auron772 posted...
Degalon posted...

"Boo" is cringey.

You're going to feel really old when you realize the people saying boo, bae, fam, and yeet are actually mid to late 20s and not even "kids". Kids look at those people with disgust also.
"We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye."
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: djrastah

djrastah
2 days ago#39
How do i cancel the cancellers, ohhh yeah new fudging TOOL and Borderlands 3 on friday the 13th full moon baby😎

User Info: Zeon

Zeon
2 days ago#40
Id the Demon posted...
jericho777 posted...
"the cool kids" are lame. We old farts are the best bahahahaha.

This f*** zoomers and f*** fortnite
these
Gfaqs Foxy Phantom Thief. Stealing hearts and breaking trolls.
Your unfriendly neighborhood kitsune idol.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. I kind of get all the hate regarding Borderlands "humor "
  • Post New Message