• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. I kind of get all the hate regarding Borderlands "humor "

User Info: Xylymphydyte

Xylymphydyte
6 days ago#21
Atzenkiller posted...
The humor has always been very hit and miss. Many of the series fans seem to love it, which is why they keep putting some of the same crap in every game. But if you're not part of that group then most of it might not be very funny to you. Some stuff is pretty good though.

I've literally never seen anyone praise the humor beyond "I get a couple laughs but most of it is a bit dumb". Though the series is kind of self aware so maybe that's the intended impact?
"What's your sign? Cancer? Well isn't that a happy coincidence," Said the insensitive oncologist to the patient.

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
6 days ago#22
evenflow80 posted...
Not so much the forced memes and "fam" lingo that is basically a bunch of 40 year olds trying to sound like what they *think* the cool kids sound like , but a perfect example of the extemely cringy humor are for example the videos where the vault hunters start dancing for no reason while shooting at enemies , or that idiotic Brick playing saxaphone bit. It's so dumb and forced it's not even ironically funny . Its just trying waaaay too hard to seem quirky and fun and hip and cool , but instead comes off as trying too hard and having no idea how humor actually works

I almost cringed myself inside out at the “You want guns with legs? We got you boo” in the original trailer.
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
6 days ago#23
I've never really taken much notice of the BL humour. Some bits are funny, the bits I don't find funny I just pass it off as stupid.

I didn't play over 300 hours of Borderlands 2 for the humour.
PLAYING - Fire Emblem Three Houses (NS), Final Fantasy VIII (NS), Borderlands 3 (PS4)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Wesker646

Wesker646
6 days ago#24
For me it's a nice break from the witty internet jokes. They're fun, but like everything it gets tedious after long enough.

Gimme poop and piss jokes for a change.
Sometimes we live, sometimes we die.

User Info: BDSMKane

BDSMKane
6 days ago#25
Some of the humor from BL2 was amazing to me, some of it wasn't (mostly from the DLC, except Tina's).

But the thoughts about it not being humor so much is kind of correct, too. It isn't like someone telling funny jokes. Except for Jack's joke about the "bad guy" who came at him with a spoon. Of course it was more of a story that just happened to be hilarious.

Still, usually it's just the attitude and behavior of the characters that I found amusing. A great example being Tiny Tina's intro scene in BL2...I think it's hilarious. But it isn't so much a joke as seeing a 13 year old gear dancing and singing around this bound bandit before blowing him up that makes me laugh.
"We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye."

User Info: FrozenHELL78

FrozenHELL78
6 days ago#26
evenflow80 posted...
Not so much the forced memes and "fam" lingo that is basically a bunch of 40 year olds trying to sound like what they *think* the cool kids sound like , but a perfect example of the extemely cringy humor are for example the videos where the vault hunters start dancing for no reason while shooting at enemies , or that idiotic Brick playing saxaphone bit. It's so dumb and forced it's not even ironically funny . Its just trying waaaay too hard to seem quirky and fun and hip and cool , but instead comes off as trying too hard and having no idea how humor actually works

It’s almost like that’s the point of the humor.
Nice!!
sycoKinesis posted...
jericho777 posted...
Mega-Gazz posted...
QFT.

Had to "Google" QFT. Now I feel lame. Wait, did I just "parentheses" Google???

You'll be alright. You just need a little bit of the bubbly!!

You. I like you.
Mega-Gazz posted...
jericho777 posted...
"the cool kids" are lame. We old farts are the best bahahahaha.

QFT.

I’m 40-something and really don’t care what kids think.

Now get off my lawn.

User Info: Mimura

Mimura
6 days ago#29
sycoKinesis posted...
You'll be alright. You just need a little bit of the bubbly!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv4HdKI1knw
"Perhaps f*** off might be too kind."

User Info: hump3rdnk

hump3rdnk
6 days ago#30
I really like the series but I don’t think any of the jokes have even made me smile.
No longer stuck with Shenmue </3. Shenmue <3 is almost here! Currently crossing fingers for Dreamcast 2.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. I kind of get all the hate regarding Borderlands "humor "
  • Post New Message