• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Are fl4ks pets useless?

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 days ago#21
JackApostrophe posted...
Presumably not if you have a Jabber out, since they use guns.

I haven't seen any relative content of them not working on the boss fights (heard it also, just haven't seen it myself) but all of the pets have a ranged attack in general so that they can still function against like, flying enemies or mounted turrets. So if they for some reason aren't using those attacks either, it's very possible the jabber would also not attack.

User Info: ors_kar

ors_kar
4 days ago#22
I'm guessing they'll end up just be best for aggro/support in the harder fights where you'd be really wanting them to be doing some real damage (since mobs they would stomp you could probably have easily wrecked with normal gunplay).

That's kinda okay to me though since if they were actually good at killing/damage then there'd be less attention given to gear/loot right?

If they struggle pulling aggro in any boss fight however, then I'll be disappointed. Should at the very least behave a bit like you have a co-op support, even if they do joke damage to a harder boss.
PSN: theguitarist
i don’t think they’re supposed to be beating the game for you. it looks like they’re meant to be a distraction and supplemental dmg to your own. what would be the point of having over a billion weapons if you’re relying on ai npc’s to do all the dmg?

User Info: DarkOceanNights

DarkOceanNights
4 days ago#24
EinherjarPrime posted...
i don’t think they’re supposed to be beating the game for you. it looks like they’re meant to be a distraction and supplemental dmg to your own. what would be the point of having over a billion weapons if you’re relying on ai npc’s to do all the dmg?

You've never played mechromancer or the body double and it shows
3DS: 1461- 6394-5664
Does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

User Info: Ki_cat_

Ki_cat_
3 days ago#25
I don't think they'll be useless but I don't think they'll scale very well for harder content. They'll probably die too easily but you'll be able to spam them for a brief distraction.

Same issue with Moze's Iron Bear. The damage and health simply won't keep it.
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Are fl4ks pets useless?
  • Post New Message