• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Are fl4ks pets useless?

User Info: JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe
1 week ago#11
Xylymphydyte posted...
StonecoldRPS posted...
kasplat360 posted...
Pet can also kill enemies that are close to death, so you can get a Second Wind. That is a huge benefit in harder content and during hectic crowded fights.

Ok now that's cool. Didn't know if a pet kills someone while your down you get a second wind. That'll be really helpful with me wanting to solo Fl4k

There's also a passive in one of the trees that just straight up lets your pet rez you.

Yeah, I'm tempted to head straight for that one. As a solo player that will be very helpful.

User Info: Xylymphydyte

Xylymphydyte
1 week ago#12
JackApostrophe posted...
Xylymphydyte posted...
StonecoldRPS posted...
kasplat360 posted...
Pet can also kill enemies that are close to death, so you can get a Second Wind. That is a huge benefit in harder content and during hectic crowded fights.

Ok now that's cool. Didn't know if a pet kills someone while your down you get a second wind. That'll be really helpful with me wanting to solo Fl4k

There's also a passive in one of the trees that just straight up lets your pet rez you.

Yeah, I'm tempted to head straight for that one. As a solo player that will be very helpful.

https://youtu.be/asLNxTcN4j4?t=86

This video has a series of theorycrafted solo builds including a neat sounding Fl4k one, timestamped to that one. 1:26 if your browser doesn't pass through timestamps.
"What's your sign? Cancer? Well isn't that a happy coincidence," Said the insensitive oncologist to the patient.

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
1 week ago#13
JackApostrophe posted...
Xylymphydyte posted...
StonecoldRPS posted...
kasplat360 posted...

The amount of time you spent "dying" and trying to get Second Wind in TVHM and above in BL2 got a bit ridiculous sometimes. I hope that is not the case this time around.

User Info: omgseal

omgseal
1 week ago#14
''''''supposedly'''''' some who have the game have said flaks pets scale with his damage. I don't know how this works but this should keep this damage from completely falling off. the biggest thing to note is that the devs thought it would be a good idea to have a number of boss fights where you cant reach the boss so your pet is stuck with its thumb up its ass during the duration.
"Dost thou love me? But thou must!"

User Info: JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe
1 week ago#15
omgseal posted...
''''''supposedly'''''' some who have the game have said flaks pets scale with his damage. I don't know how this works but this should keep this damage from completely falling off. the biggest thing to note is that the devs thought it would be a good idea to have a number of boss fights where you cant reach the boss so your pet is stuck with its thumb up its ass during the duration.

Presumably not if you have a Jabber out, since they use guns.

User Info: Snickers085

Snickers085
1 week ago#16
Bunch of streams on twitch already.. the pets are very weak at the beginning it seems- but great at drawing aggro

User Info: zegram33

zegram33
6 days ago#17
I’m heading straight for that mind control melee capstone to grab even more meatshields

but yeh the pets will probably be useful
iv never played a pet build in any game that was well balanced for endgame though-I’m assuming it will either be very strong or very weak in the hardest content

User Info: aPimp_named_leE

aPimp_named_leE
6 days ago#18
DarkOceanNights posted...
Yeah but if you're on co op then drawing aggro isn't really a big deal
Are you kidding? Your teammates will love you if your pets draw all the aggro. Less need to duck for cover and thus more damage per second
FFBE 978,557,395
3DS FCs 4742-5347-4933 (Y) 0044-3673-1990 (X)

User Info: aPimp_named_leE

aPimp_named_leE
6 days ago#19
kasplat360 posted...
The amount of time you spent "dying" and trying to get Second Wind in TVHM and above in BL2 got a bit ridiculous sometimes. I hope that is not the case this time around.
Was that an issue is TVHM? I remember that being relatively easy as long as you had a CD or weapon that applied slag. UVHM on the other hand with all the enemy health regen...
FFBE 978,557,395
3DS FCs 4742-5347-4933 (Y) 0044-3673-1990 (X)

User Info: Xenophon1

Xenophon1
6 days ago#20
Pets aren't completely useless, but there are scenarios where they do nothing more than provide a flat buff (for example, on several of the bosses they just stand there and do nothing).

Also, as you'd expect, the AI is far from perfect and they bug out fairly often. Basically they are useful novelties - not radical gamechangers.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Are fl4ks pets useless?
  • Topic Archived