• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. My issue with Borderlands 2

User Info: wild361

wild361
5 days ago#11
TheThirdDay posted...
Yeah, God forbid someone criticizes our favorite game, right?

I hear ya TC. Gearbox actually specifically adressed this issue in BL3. You'll be able to fast travel from anywhere on the map, as well as FT'ing directly to Catch-A-Ride stations, so time spent idly running from point to point should be minimized.

Wow didn't know this. That is awesome!
The moderate

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
5 days ago#12
Not sure what you're talking about. The Highlands is the only area that comes to mind where you had bigger stretches of no enemies to fight. Which is why they let you drive a vehicle throughout the whole area. And I guess the other big areas in between the main maps count as well. But who would traverse those on foot?

Locka posted...
TheThirdDay posted...
Yeah, God forbid someone criticizes our favorite game, right?

I hear ya TC. Gearbox actually specifically adressed this issue in BL3. You'll be able to fast travel from anywhere on the map, as well as FT'ing directly to Catch-A-Ride stations, so time spent idly running from point to point should be minimized.

Oh that’s actually super helpful. Thanks for the info.

Don't be a clown. If you can name any specific parts where what you claimed was the case, then mention it. Because I'm sure there are plenty of people who have no idea what you're talking about. You can use vehicles in most bigger areas and getting to anywhere you want to go in one doesn't take more than a few seconds. Yeah, so much time to enjoy the scenery.

User Info: xAlphazonex

xAlphazonex
5 days ago#13
@longnuts posted...
Thanks for sharing.

There were vehicles to get past the empty parts faster, so this is/was a non-issue.

Such a non-issue that Gearbox literally specifically addressed the issue and how they addressed it with the latest changes.

You look silly now. If it was a 'non-issue', it never would have been brought up by Gearbox. So in fact, it was an issue. Thanks for trying.

User Info: Boltens

Boltens
5 days ago#14
It's all opinions anyway it's not an issue for some it is for others

User Info: MiniVirus2

MiniVirus2
5 days ago#15
xAlphazonex posted...
@longnuts posted...
Thanks for sharing.

There were vehicles to get past the empty parts faster, so this is/was a non-issue.

Such a non-issue that Gearbox literally specifically addressed the issue and how they addressed it with the latest changes.

You look silly now. If it was a 'non-issue', it never would have been brought up by Gearbox. So in fact, it was an issue. Thanks for trying.

It's a non-issue for those of us with a modicum of patience and don't require constant stimulus to trigger dopamine....
R.I.P. DIO

User Info: omgseal

omgseal
5 days ago#16
MiniVirus2 posted...
xAlphazonex posted...
@longnuts posted...
Thanks for sharing.

It's a non-issue for those of us with a modicum of patience and don't require constant stimulus to trigger dopamine....

less time spent in s***ty vehicles the better.
"Dost thou love me? But thou must!"

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
5 days ago#17
MiniVirus2 posted...

Well good for those of you, I guess. I've got a crazy idea: how about you try to look at it from someone else's perspective? Some of us work full-time jobs and have otherwise busy lives and have very little free time, and don't want to waste that minuscule amount of free time in aspects of video games in which we do not have fun.

Honestly, I'm not even really talking about myself. I don't mind the walking, because I immerse myself in the world and enjoy the terrain and environments. But these are all objectively good QoL changes, so stop trying to make yourself look superior by downplaying them.
Now Playing: RE2 2019, Pokemon: Ultra Sun, Smash Ultimate
~2019: RE2, BK in Smash, BL3. Life complete.~
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: MiniVirus2

MiniVirus2
4 days ago#18
TheThirdDay posted...
MiniVirus2 posted...

Well good for those of you, I guess. I've got a crazy idea: how about you try to look at it from someone else's perspective? Some of us work full-time jobs and have otherwise busy lives and have very little free time, and don't want to waste that minuscule amount of free time in aspects of video games in which we do not have fun.

Honestly, I'm not even really talking about myself. I don't mind the walking, because I immerse myself in the world and enjoy the terrain and environments. But these are all objectively good QoL changes, so stop trying to make yourself look superior by downplaying them.

I suppose my very subtle attempt at point out this is a subjective matter went right over your head. Also, don't act like travel in borderlands 2 was an egregious waste if peoples' time, it wasn't.
R.I.P. DIO

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
4 days ago#19
MiniVirus2 posted...
I suppose my very subtle attempt at point out this is a subjective matter went right over your head.

Well I guess so, as rereading your message, I still can't pick up on it. Lol. All that message was was a vague insult to anyone who doesn't share your opinion. And now you're just passively aggressively insulting me.

And again, you are just trying to downplay things that don't make a difference to you. It's not game-breaking, but it can be pretty damn annoying. Ever have your car destroyed on you in the middle of The Dust? It's real obnoxious having to jog your ass all the way back to Ellie's while you have Bandit runners taking pot shots at you. And I know I've straight-up skipped out on side quests during replays before, simply because I didn't feel like running over there and then having to run back.

These are just simple, objectively good quality of life improvements. Downplay them all you want. Insult me all you want. Won't change that.
Now Playing: RE2 2019, Pokemon: Ultra Sun, Smash Ultimate
~2019: RE2, BK in Smash, BL3. Life complete.~
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: kel25

kel25
4 days ago#20
Never had much of a problem with getting around in BL2. The pre-sequel drove me nuts with this.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. My issue with Borderlands 2
  • Post New Message