• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. My issue with Borderlands 2

User Info: Locka

Locka
1 week ago#1
Is that running around in the world felt so dull. I loved the combat and gameplay, missions everything. But the boring filler time getting to places across empty vistas ruined it for me.

Any news if Borderlands 3 is the same? If that’s been fixed, it’s a day one buy for me.
A backlog ranging from great to damn right horrid.

User Info: longnuts

longnuts
1 week ago#2
Thanks for sharing.

There were vehicles to get past the empty parts faster, so this is/was a non-issue.
Consoles currently hooked up to my tv: xb1x, ps4, switch,NES & SNES classic mini
PSN: LONGNUTTZ XBL: longnutts 0

User Info: GrutNL

GrutNL
1 week ago#3
Part 3 is basically a walking sim I heard :)

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
1 week ago#4
Yeah, God forbid someone criticizes our favorite game, right?

I hear ya TC. Gearbox actually specifically adressed this issue in BL3. You'll be able to fast travel from anywhere on the map, as well as FT'ing directly to Catch-A-Ride stations, so time spent idly running from point to point should be minimized.
Now Playing: RE2 2019, Pokemon: Ultra Sun, Smash Ultimate
~2019: RE2, BK in Smash, BL3. Life complete.~

User Info: Sokarus

Sokarus
1 week ago#5
There are some quality of life fixes that should please you:
- At any point you can fast travel to a) the nearest checkpoint, or b) your vehicle.
- Whenever you load your save you will spawn at your last checkpoint. This will also help with farming bosses for loot. Yay!
PSN: EpicDamo

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
1 week ago#6
Fixed is probably a relative term. I'd say more like tweaked thanks to other QOL improvements in general.

Yes, there will still be some traveling downtime to get to places. however, according to reviews generally when you have extended periods of "travel" there is a lot of background dialogue for the quest thrown in so it doesn't feel as much like "empty time" and is a bit more engaging.

I think the major tweak that should make it a bit less of an issue for you (not saying not an issue at all, just less of one) are the improvements to the fast traveling system, and save point systems. First of all, you can now travel to any fast travel station you have unlucked, as well as back to wherever you parked your vehicle from anywhere just using your map. No having to go find a fast travel station to travel to another one, and no having to go to a catch a ride to warp to your vehichle. Just open the map, click on them, and zoom away you go.

Another big one is making it so that the different respawn/save spots become loading points even if you quit the game, not just the closest fast travel hub. So if you are working on farming particular bosses or whatever that might be near the end of the zone, it used to be every time you quit and came back in you'd be back at the very beginning of the zone. Now, you can quit and come back in at the last respawn point you triggered (which usually is going to be right before bosses)

Locka
1 week ago#7
TheThirdDay posted...
Yeah, God forbid someone criticizes our favorite game, right?

I hear ya TC. Gearbox actually specifically adressed this issue in BL3. You'll be able to fast travel from anywhere on the map, as well as FT'ing directly to Catch-A-Ride stations, so time spent idly running from point to point should be minimized.

Oh that’s actually super helpful. Thanks for the info.

Locka
1 week ago#8
longnuts posted...
Thanks for sharing.

There were vehicles to get past the empty parts faster, so this is/was a non-issue.

Oop spot the fan boy. Listen, if driving around a boring landscape is your idea of fun then that’s up to you - and good on you. Most of us want to do something while playing, not drive aimlessly.

It is an issue, so that’s why it sounds like it’s been addressed. Why not take some criticism and respond like a normal person? So butt hurt.

Locka
1 week ago#9
Edavy89 posted...
Fixed is probably a relative term. I'd say more like tweaked thanks to other QOL improvements in general.

Yes, there will still be some traveling downtime to get to places. however, according to reviews generally when you have extended periods of "travel" there is a lot of background dialogue for the quest thrown in so it doesn't feel as much like "empty time" and is a bit more engaging.

I think the major tweak that should make it a bit less of an issue for you (not saying not an issue at all, just less of one) are the improvements to the fast traveling system, and save point systems. First of all, you can now travel to any fast travel station you have unlucked, as well as back to wherever you parked your vehicle from anywhere just using your map. No having to go find a fast travel station to travel to another one, and no having to go to a catch a ride to warp to your vehichle. Just open the map, click on them, and zoom away you go.

Another big one is making it so that the different respawn/save spots become loading points even if you quit the game, not just the closest fast travel hub. So if you are working on farming particular bosses or whatever that might be near the end of the zone, it used to be every time you quit and came back in you'd be back at the very beginning of the zone. Now, you can quit and come back in at the last respawn point you triggered (which usually is going to be right before bosses)

Yes! That’s what I wanted to hear. The respawn was crazy. But then I was playing BL2 this year and used to other QoL improvements in other games. Spoiled, you might say.

Happy they took care of this! Thanks for the info.

User Info: jericho777

jericho777
1 week ago#10
I can see how that can potentially be a turnoff. I really hope they'll be more interiors for some close quarters combat.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. My issue with Borderlands 2
  • Topic Archived