• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. It's stupid, but I still can't decide who my first vault hunter will be

User Info: Ragiroth

Ragiroth
1 week ago#11
I'm kinda stuck between Amara and Flak
Youtube Channel-Ragiroth: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMERPuPx-fmj454YDxDESg?view_as=subscriber

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
1 week ago#12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vCuXa23KQc
1.) What makes this vault hunter unique?
2.) Abilities
3.) Pros and Cons
4.) 3 skill trees explained
5.) Endgame potential
6.) Solo vs. Co-Op
7.) Why to (not) play this vault hunter

There, you should be able to decide after this.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job, especially one as a moderator on this site, but they're corrupt anyway.

User Info: DarthVashti

DarthVashti
1 week ago#13
I’ve played as a siren in every borderlands the class was available. Gonna continue that in this one also.
Not a quality poster

User Info: chethecat

chethecat
1 week ago#14
Cheshire's first rule of Borderlands -- Always play the Siren first.

Mind you, that's MY rule, doesn't have to be yours.

~Cheshire~

User Info: KaijuKing97

KaijuKing97
1 week ago#15
There are two easy ways to decide: logic or luck.

The logical way is to look at the characters and decide what sort of gameplay you want for your first time through.

- Moze: Relatively simple skillset that revolves around guns and jumping into a mech a la D.va.
- Zane: revolves around stealth and trickery. Lots of gadgets, but not sure how he fares one on one.
- Amara: The melee fighter and probably the tank. You'll be in the thick of it and under fire at all times, but tough enough to endure and conquer.
- FL4K: best voice and a trio of pets giving you versatile strategies. The pet buffs will probably turn gamebreaking or useless by the endgame.

The other option is luck. Choose two Vault Hunters and flip a coin. Repeat for the other pair and do a final flip between the two winners. Whoever wins is who you go with first.
If all else fails, there's always the sun.

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
1 week ago#16
NakedJoe4Eva posted...
I was going to with Flak just for his creatures, but Zane is actually sounding pretty interesting with all his gadgets.

I'll take each of the four to whatever level the first spot where the game opens up, assuming there is one. If nothing else, this should allow me to see the basic play style of each and worst case, the ones I don't particularly like will end up being mules.

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
6 days ago#17
KaijuKing97 posted...
There are two easy ways to decide: logic or luck.

The logical way is to look at the characters and decide what sort of gameplay you want for your first time through.

- Moze: Relatively simple skillset that revolves around guns and jumping into a mech a la D.va.
- Zane: revolves around stealth and trickery. Lots of gadgets, but not sure how he fares one on one.
- Amara: The melee fighter and probably the tank. You'll be in the thick of it and under fire at all times, but tough enough to endure and conquer.
- FL4K: best voice and a trio of pets giving you versatile strategies. The pet buffs will probably turn gamebreaking or useless by the endgame.

The other option is luck. Choose two Vault Hunters and flip a coin. Repeat for the other pair and do a final flip between the two winners. Whoever wins is who you go with first.
The logical way is to actually look for info and know what the heck they all do.

Look above and see for yourself.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job, especially one as a moderator on this site, but they're corrupt anyway.

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
6 days ago#18
I'm really tempted for Zane right now. I know all the hype is for Fl4k, but I don't know, I see Zane being a lot of fun with his diverse action skills.

I was initially going Moze, but I'm not too convinced on the mech anymore. I can see the action skill getting redundant and not scaling well with higher levels.

User Info: Weiland101

Weiland101
6 days ago#19
I have been going Zane right up until now and I am seriously reconsidering and going Moze instead. I like gun skills and jumping in the mech will be fun. I am not really worrying about higher levels until I get there. I am sure if she turns out to be useless at higher levels then some balancing will be done.

User Info: sycoKinesis

sycoKinesis
6 days ago#20
Nabinator posted...
I'm really tempted for Zane right now. I know all the hype is for Fl4k, but I don't know, I see Zane being a lot of fun with his diverse action skills.

I was initially going Moze, but I'm not too convinced on the mech anymore. I can see the action skill getting redundant and not scaling well with higher levels.

Kinda worried about that, too. I figured I'm gonna use Moze as my co-op character and either go Zane or Amara first, probably Zane. I'm saving Fl4k for last.
I don't need a quote
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. It's stupid, but I still can't decide who my first vault hunter will be
  • Topic Archived