• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Are they sill using Cell-shaded graphics to hide the bad graphics engine?

User Info: The_Big_Deek

The_Big_Deek
1 week ago#21
lilhurk1985187 posted...
TC has created 6 topics in the last 13 hours just to whine and complain and hasnt responded to any of the replies.

i saw the trailer for this game, it is 2019 and they are still using the same engine and thus the same cell shaded graphics to hide the old engine. they shouldve upgraded their engine like everyone else did. this might end up like Duke Nukem again. nostalgia alone does not a good game make.
My Uncle is an Attorney; I WILL SUE YOU if you INFRINGE on my RIGHTS. Its called the FREEDOM OF SPEECH in the First Amendment!

User Info: fisheye11

fisheye11
1 week ago#22
The_Big_Deek posted...
nostalgia alone does not a good game make.

You okay? You stroke out on us there?
PSN: fisheye11
Excuses are the lies we tell everyone we know... including ourselves.~Masterless Knight~

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
1 week ago#23
The_Big_Deek posted...
i saw the trailer for this game, it is 2019 and they are still using the same engine and thus the same cell shaded graphics to hide the old engine. they shouldve upgraded their engine like everyone else did. this might end up like Duke Nukem again. nostalgia alone does not a good game make.

I'm pretty sure that's untrue, in the ''Thanks you'' video they did, they talk about making the switch to U4 and learning how to use it while making bl3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWMMBWTxkyE

User Info: Ragingheart29

Ragingheart29
1 week ago#24
Tc might be a whiny tool but it did start an interesting conversation about the art style.

User Info: midgitninja1

midgitninja1
1 week ago#25
narfkeks posted...
It's no cell shading and it never was. It's called outlining. They basically draw black lines on the borders of objects.
Also, regarding TC's "bad grafics engine" talk: they don't want to be realistic. If he saw anything from any game made in Unreal Engine 4, then he'd know that UE4 is one of the best engines on the market in terms of features and flexibility. This includes grafics.
Oh okay. Thanks!
"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned"
"Sorry Daddy, I've been naughty" Basically the same sentence with two different contexts. -Buldozer

User Info: The_Big_Deek

The_Big_Deek
1 week ago#26
fisheye11 posted...
The_Big_Deek posted...

you dont know english kid
My Uncle is an Attorney; I WILL SUE YOU if you INFRINGE on my RIGHTS. Its called the FREEDOM OF SPEECH in the First Amendment!

User Info: Master_Norris69

Master_Norris69
1 week ago#27
midgitninja1 posted...
narfkeks posted...
It's no cell shading and it never was. It's called outlining. They basically draw black lines on the borders of objects.
Also, regarding TC's "bad grafics engine" talk: they don't want to be realistic. If he saw anything from any game made in Unreal Engine 4, then he'd know that UE4 is one of the best engines on the market in terms of features and flexibility. This includes grafics.
Oh okay. Thanks!

Deeks just troll'in. Notice how he doesn't respond to any posts about bl3 using U4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWMMBWTxkyE

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
1 week ago#28
The_Big_Deek posted...
fisheye11 posted...
The_Big_Deek posted...

you dont know english kid

Careful, you're infringing on his rights, he might call your uncle to sue you.
Fueled by Death, Unearthed by Odin.
I will take what is mine with Fire and Blood.

User Info: Drkr_Zen

Drkr_Zen
1 week ago#29
Why is this guy allowed to post threads?
GOAT: Secret of Mana, Monster Hunter World, Bloodborne, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, BioShock Infinite, FFIX, MGS3: Snake Eater, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Okami

User Info: WFO66

WFO66
1 week ago#30
Master_Norris69 posted...
midgitninja1 posted...
narfkeks posted...
Oh okay. Thanks!

Deeks just troll'in. Notice how he doesn't respond to any posts about bl3 using U4.

Exactly.
"Send me all your tired, weak, your hungry, sick, disgusted; My back is broke, flame is out, eyes and head are rusted; My arms are open wide"-Overkill
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Are they sill using Cell-shaded graphics to hide the bad graphics engine?
  • Topic Archived