• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. what is the inventory situation? initial, shared, vault, currency to expand, max

User Info: narfkeks

narfkeks
2 weeks ago#11
Not all the space is shared! From the 16 slots I've seen, only the upper 8 are shared for switching between characters. It's a good solution imo, as it makes mules still useful, while making some things easier overall.
Borderlands is back to show the world how loot has to be!
Shoot the world - loot the world!

User Info: JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe
2 weeks ago#12
Atzenkiller posted...
DuneMan posted...
Atzenkiller posted...
I just hope the upgrades will be cheap.

I believe the sixth upgrade, out of eight, was shown being 100k+.

That sort of thing can have its values adjusted rather easily though. No official patch process required, just a tweak in values if you start the game with an online connection.

It can, but it you've played the remaster of the first game you'll find that those upgrades are still just as expensive. So it depends on how affordable the deves think those upgrades should be. This is why I've preferred the seperate currency for it in the last two games. You never ran out of money because you didn't have to spend most of your money on those ammo upgrades.

I also wasn't running out of money because I wasn't spending it on anything. Most of the vending machines didn't offer anything worth buying and I wasn't dying enough to use up my money faster than I could accrue it.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
2 weeks ago#13
JackApostrophe posted...
I also wasn't running out of money because I wasn't spending it on anything. Most of the vending machines didn't offer anything worth buying and I wasn't dying enough to use up my money faster than I could accrue it.

That's because the vending machines in Borderlands 2 were trash. They sucked. There's no reason to sugar coat how useless they were overall in BL2.

Fast forward to TPS though and it was quite possible to find great stuff in the machines. Managing money actually mattered in that game as a result.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: OmenofFate

OmenofFate
2 weeks ago#14
Money in borderlands 2 was pointless. I’m actually looking forward to having to save up some money upgrading stuff. Makes no sense for people to want it to be easy.

User Info: narfkeks

narfkeks
2 weeks ago#15
OmenofFate posted...
Money in borderlands 2 was pointless. I’m actually looking forward to having to save up some money upgrading stuff. Makes no sense for people to want it to be easy.

It makes dying finally feel bad and slightly punishing, as you loose a bit of your cash (it was 7% in the other games). This time, when SDU's can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, we might feel the difference. Although I can already see people finding the earliest, easiest and most lucrative farm for gear to get their SDU's to the max as quickly as possible.
Borderlands is back to show the world how loot has to be!
Shoot the world - loot the world!

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
1 week ago#16
JackApostrophe posted...
Atzenkiller posted...
DuneMan posted...
Atzenkiller posted...
I just hope the upgrades will be cheap.

I believe the sixth upgrade, out of eight, was shown being 100k+.

That sort of thing can have its values adjusted rather easily though. No official patch process required, just a tweak in values if you start the game with an online connection.

It can, but it you've played the remaster of the first game you'll find that those upgrades are still just as expensive. So it depends on how affordable the deves think those upgrades should be. This is why I've preferred the seperate currency for it in the last two games. You never ran out of money because you didn't have to spend most of your money on those ammo upgrades.

I wasn't dying either. No need to make up stuff. If you tried to buy each of the ammo mods when they became available then you were always broke. I could't waste my money on stuff from the machines because I never really had any in the first place due to the cost of those upgrades. But I certainly could have used to money for machine gear because the game's loot system is complete s***, handing you gear that's more than 10 levels below yours most of the time.

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
4 days ago#17
Remember that if the currency for storage upgrades is just cash, you'll probably want to mule off your more expensive items for duping purposes to vendor on your "mains." Don't just sell something because you don't need it, only sell when it would be inconvenient to stop what you're doing because it is multiplayer, your inventory is already full, etc.

I'm assuming it will also make sense to upgrade general inventory and bank storage before latter more expensive ammo storage.

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
3 days ago#18
Atzenkiller posted...
I wasn't dying either. No need to make up stuff. If you tried to buy each of the ammo mods when they became available then you were always broke. I could't waste my money on stuff from the machines because I never really had any in the first place due to the cost of those upgrades. But I certainly could have used to money for machine gear because the game's loot system is complete s***, handing you gear that's more than 10 levels below yours most of the time.

And yet my multiple playthroughs I had constant good gear and more than enough money. This sounds more like a you suck problem
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. what is the inventory situation? initial, shared, vault, currency to expand, max
  • Post New Message