• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. what is the inventory situation? initial, shared, vault, currency to expand, max

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
2 weeks ago#1
Do we know all the inventory storage options?

What is the base inventory and maximum per character? How about the individual bank / vault and shared space? What is the currency to expand your inventory and where do you get it?

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
2 weeks ago#2
Vault is shared across all your characters so you don't need to mess with a secondary stash to transfer items like bl2 had.
And with that...pow! I'm gone!

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
2 weeks ago#3
Cash... You spend standard cash to expand your slots. This is all done with Marcus on Sanctuary 3. By default there are 8 upgrades per category; I'm assuming DLC will improve the total capacity like it did with BL2. As mentioned the Bank is shared between characters now, no needing to put 4 items in Claptrap's Stash. But those 36 slots or whatever may fill up quick if you're hoarding good legendaries or Annointed gear.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: wansanchez

wansanchez
2 weeks ago#4
Thats cool but i hope it has plenty of slots if we are only getting 1 vault now.
"There can be only one"

kasplat360
2 weeks ago#5
Sounds like storage will be tight then. I'm still going to make a ton of alts and play with a second controller to drop / swap items I guess. Might alt level between characters to boost as well.

User Info: Imit8m3

Imit8m3
2 weeks ago#6
Shared vault better be f***ing huge! Otherwise that increases the number of mules you need.
GT- HOONIGANGSTER
PSN- yurmom8me

kasplat360
2 weeks ago#7
Imit8m3 posted...
Shared vault better be f***ing huge! Otherwise that increases the number of mules you need.

In the past, the mules I made, I would just bring in on boss kills, especially whatever one dropped lots of Eridium, and then the mules would get extended inventory space rather than just what they start with; the Warrior dropped a lot of Eridium, especially if you just afk for a while with Gaige and her Robot. If the inventory space is now just money, then whatever high-level you can solo would be used for the same kind of thing.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
2 weeks ago#8
I just hope the upgrades will be cheap. The ammo upgrades in BL1 cost a fortune, leaving you with nothing left to spend on gear. I much preferred having a seperate currency for it.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
2 weeks ago#9
Atzenkiller posted...
I just hope the upgrades will be cheap.

I believe the sixth upgrade, out of eight, was shown being 100k+.

That sort of thing can have its values adjusted rather easily though. No official patch process required, just a tweak in values if you start the game with an online connection.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
2 weeks ago#10
DuneMan posted...
Atzenkiller posted...
I just hope the upgrades will be cheap.

I believe the sixth upgrade, out of eight, was shown being 100k+.

That sort of thing can have its values adjusted rather easily though. No official patch process required, just a tweak in values if you start the game with an online connection.

It can, but it you've played the remaster of the first game you'll find that those upgrades are still just as expensive. So it depends on how affordable the deves think those upgrades should be. This is why I've preferred the seperate currency for it in the last two games. You never ran out of money because you didn't have to spend most of your money on those ammo upgrades.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. what is the inventory situation? initial, shared, vault, currency to expand, max
  • Post New Message