• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Fl4k and pc agenda

User Info: tenkage

tenkage
4 months ago#1
So i just read the new character Fl4k will be regarded as "non binary" and will be refered to as "they or them". I'm not here to get into a real world debate over gender issues ect. But I do find it annoying when political issues are shoved into games when no one asked for them. I remember a earlier instance of reference to a homosexual relationship in BL2, although it was brief and in an audioclip. Now I don't care too much about what people do in their real life or have anything against most folks, but there comes a time when you have to say why are game companies bending towards promoting pc culture's agenda? Isn't there enough of that in the real world, does it really need to be in a digital world too? I mean most people play videogames to escape the annoyances of reality, they don't want to be reminded of it. I still don't think this is enough to stop me from playing the game, but it is very off putting.

User Info: Cruddy_horse

Cruddy_horse
4 months ago#2
It's a robot.

Also quit bulls***ting yourself, you say you're not here for a "debate" yet here you are ranting about this subject you supposedly don't want to talk about.
equo ne credite!

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
4 months ago#3
Ah, Gearbox does it again with this bulls***. Great. I know why I probably skip this game.

User Info: psycofang

psycofang
4 months ago#4
tenkage posted...
So i just read the new character Fl4k will be regarded as "non binary" and will be refered to as "they or them".

Probably because FL4Ks a Robot and has no gender.
There are people in this world who hate chocolate...those people are evil...also...Ff14 Casual Discord;
https://discord.gg/FbvAfAq

User Info: tenkage

tenkage
4 months ago#5
Cruddy_horse posted...
It's a robot.

Also quit bulls***ting yourself, you say you're not here for a "debate" yet here you are ranting about this subject you supposedly don't want to talk about.

robots in fiction have usually had a defined gender. to be clear, by saying I wasn't looking for a debate, I was refering to the "rights or wrongs" of "Identity issues" in our "society". But I am here to debate that "social politics" shouldn't have a place in "videogame entertainment". there is no need to get aggressive.

User Info: Sokarus

Sokarus
4 months ago#6
Honestly, who cares? They can do what they want with their game.
PSN: EpicDamo

User Info: remmus64

remmus64
4 months ago#7
And the Internet reminds itself yet again it's the biggest gathering of folks that makes hens out of feathers...

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
4 months ago#8
tenkage posted...
Cruddy_horse posted...
It's a robot.

robots in fiction have usually had a defined gender. to be clear, by saying I wasn't looking for a debate, I was refering to the "rights or wrongs" of "Identity issues" in our "society". But I am here to debate that "social politics" shouldn't have a place in "videogame entertainment". there is no need to get aggressive.

I bet you thought Wall-E was male
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

User Info: ShadeBelmont

ShadeBelmont
4 months ago#9
"Non-binary?" Please. As a robot I am sure they speak loads of binary! :v

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
4 months ago#10
Cruddy_horse posted...
It's a robot.

this. good god damnit.

even if it was the siren, so f***ing what. she'll still play the same either way.

tenkage posted...
Cruddy_horse posted...
It's a robot.

robots in fiction with a gender is f***ing stupid, unless they're specifically modeled after people or made as realistic to people as possible, to have a sexual identity and whatnot.

and you even said, "i'm not here to get into a real world debate" yet "but i am here to debate". riiight. considering the video game is in the 'real world' methinks you are here to get into a real world debate over the s***, and really the answer should be about the same, let them do whatever, and call them whatever the f*** you want if you don't like the idea of changing your pronoun game up.

its not even 'social politics' its just a robot that's not pretending to be male or female. f*** i hate people.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Fl4k and pc agenda
  • Topic Archived