BE WARNED: The controls are ABYSMAL! (at least for gamepad)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Aragami
  3. BE WARNED: The controls are ABYSMAL! (at least for gamepad)

User Info: Chr0noid

Chr0noid
2 years ago#1
I was so hyped for this game. I wanted to love it. The second I installed it I booted it up, started the first chapter, gained control of my character and instantly I knew something was amiss.

The character controls like a tank stuck in a lake of molasses. And this tank can only move on a strict X/Y axis. Straight left and right, straight up and down. You can't move the camera while you're moving the character either or else the ninja will stop in place. It creates this choppy movement something fierce. And then there's the camera movement which is also unresponsive. The camera will simply not move at times. And when it finally does, it'll get stuck on certain points, forcing you to push it again to where you want \ it to go.

It took me 30 minutes just to get past the first tutorial stage because of the goddamned controls. Ninja are supposed to be agile. This is not agile.
It's gash. It looks like a Gothic Lolita [dress] f***ed a flight suit from Star Wars. -Darron-kun, on Karin's DLC outfit.

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
2 years ago#2
I thought it looked too good to be true :(

Thanks for the warning.
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.

User Info: addiction2tea

addiction2tea
2 years ago#3
Ok.. probably a stupid question, but : Are you using a genuine XBOX 360 controller ? or a PS4 controller ?
With PC each details is important.... sadly...

If you check the "bug" discussion on steam, there are some people reporting this problem...
it occurs with PS4 controller + windows 10 (with anniversary update...)
check here.... http://steamcommunity.com/app/280160/discussions/1/350543841947523986/
The game was launched on the 4th October 2016.. so... it's still buggy !

A free advises : I had a really bad time with my XBOX one controller on my PC (windows 10, 64b)... then I used Xbox360ce..
It changed everything ! I was not able to play Splinter cell conviction... with Xbox360ce, it worked perfectly...

User Info: Chr0noid

Chr0noid
2 years ago#4
addiction2tea posted...
Ok.. probably a stupid question, but : Are you using a genuine XBOX 360 controller ? or a PS4 controller ?

If you check the "bug" discussion on steam, there are some people reporting this problem...
check here.... http://steamcommunity.com/app/280160/discussions/1/350543841947523986/

A free advises : I had a really bad time with my XBOX one controller on my PC (windows 10, 64b)... then I used Xbox360ce..
It changed everything ! I was not able to play Splinter cell conviction... with Xbox360ce, it worked perfectly...

I'm using a third party controller. Something called Zhidong. It's like a 360 controller but doesn't have a crappy DPAD.
It's gash. It looks like a Gothic Lolita [dress] f***ed a flight suit from Star Wars. -Darron-kun, on Karin's DLC outfit.

User Info: ZexxCrine

ZexxCrine
2 years ago#5
Chr0noid posted...
addiction2tea posted...

I'm using a third party controller. Something called Zhidong. It's like a 360 controller but doesn't have a crappy DPAD.

I mean I'm playing on ps4 so unless the controls for the game are entirely different for PC, the game controls perfectly fine. Hell it definately controls better than shinobido and tenchu. This is the first ninja game of that kind with good controls imo.

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
2 years ago#6
Hmm, I liked tenchu.

Guess I'll wait on a sale, won't dismiss it completely.
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
2 years ago#7
I have no problems whatsoever. It's something on your side I think, TC.
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; MH4U in-game name: Night Fury.
  1. Boards
  2. Aragami
  3. BE WARNED: The controls are ABYSMAL! (at least for gamepad)
  • Topic Archived