• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Valley
  3. Milkman Playeth: Valley.

User Info: MiIkMan

MiIkMan
2 years ago#1
It's a running game. I like running games. Just finished played Titanfall last night so jumping into this one is a bit of step back. Titanfall's controls were perfect, this game, thus far, has a little less to offer.

Not much of a story so far. When entering the valley, you encounter a special suit laying in a box on the ground. Just like that!

I have powers that can give life to/back and take life from. Bringing back dead deer is bizarre. I don't know if I should be reverting mother nature and bringing conscious things back to life; I do bring back as many trees as I can. I'm also trying not to take life from anything, yet at least.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#2
Grabbed a bunch of upgrades in my session today. Energy slots, double jump, and a grappling hook of sorts, that allows you to latch on and swing from very specific spots.

This game reminds me a lot of A Story About My Uncle, which I should replay soon. Same sort of mechanics with a light story and same sort of budget feel and look. I like a game that does what it wants to do and does it in a short period. I believe that game was about 3 hours. I like short games.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#3
Save system sucks donkey dick. I have limited time to play so I often have to cut my sessions shorter than I'd like. When returning to the game, I am sent back to the beginning of a level. I seem to still have any upgrades and collectables I've found (I think, I could be wrong...) but I have to restart the level instead of returning to where I'd left off.

It's annoying as f*** that in 2017 developers still do this s***. Gaming reaches so many people these days that a developer should be considering that not everyone can have extended play sessions, and thus sometimes an hour or less is all I, or someone else, may commit. Why punish the player for this and having them repeat areas?

We need a system where players can choose the most appropriate save system for their needs. Save system should be adjustable just like any other part of the game (at least for PC).

I refer to Titanfall 2 again, as it was the most recent game I played - it had an excellent save system that auto saved very frequently. I don't get these games that expect you to finish a level before it saves. It's nonsense and outdated.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#4
Did a quick speed run through that area I had to repeat. It didn't take long at all; much faster than my original journey through the area.

I'm currently indoors now and the running and jumping is pretty much gone, replaced by reading a lot of notes, which aren't interesting. Kind of feels like this area abandoned the point of the game, what I thought was the running at a good pace and the land traversal. This section has been a bit boring, tbh.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#5
Finished it today. Just over 4.5 hours.

Not a bad game, but not amazing or great either. Definitely have to give props to Blue Isle for making an original game. They've made two quality ones that I know of, having played their Slender game which was alright too.

There were some pretty fun sections in the game. Later on there's an upgrade that allows you to run on tracks super fast. That part was a lot of fun but it's limited to that one area. There's also an upgrade for walking on walls, but it too is quite limited in it's use.

The fast pace, open area running I really enjoyed. There wasn't a whole lot of it though. Often times the game moved indoors or underground and it wasn't as open as I would have liked.

Didn't care too much for the story; wasn't particularly interesting.
Milk, man.
  1. Boards
  2. Valley
  3. Milkman Playeth: Valley.
  • Topic Archived