• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. 7 Days to Die
  3. What is your best Design for a base

User Info: killerman8ca

killerman8ca
1 year ago#1
What is your best Design for a base for Example take over a house and make it into a fortress or have a base underground to deal with the Zombies?

User Info: DAZIERE

DAZIERE
1 year ago#2
I’d say depends on your approach, I’d take a house remodel it use the old resources. Build trenches around it with wooden spikes for security, put raw meat or raw flesh in trenches to attract zombies to there deaths. Preferably near water source to keep stock of murky water to purify. Build hunting stands on house if possible. So many different ways it really depends on your style of play or imagination with a mechanical twist love this game just started playing it with my niece and daughter so much fun.
DAZIERE

killerman8ca
1 year ago#3
Ok. I can't wait to find a good place to build and that. Would it be good to have it at a cross-roads spot or even on a trail?

DAZIERE
1 year ago#4
Not sure, I’m still experimenting with the game. Learning as I go... what system are you playing it on ? I’m playing it on Xbox one.
DAZIERE

DAZIERE
1 year ago#5
killerman8ca posted...
Ok. I can't wait to find a good place to build and that. Would it be good to have it at a cross-roads spot or even on a trail?

I can link up with you if your on Xbox and we can give it a shot.
DAZIERE

killerman8ca
1 year ago#6
I am playing on the Xbox 1 but haven't loaded up let. If I set up my base at the crossroads it might be easier to travel?

User Info: CrazyUKE16

CrazyUKE16
1 year ago#7
Regardless of your house/base, I suggest creating a perimeter around the house. Some houses have fences around the yard (such as the farm house in the corn field near the Working Stiffs hardware store) and that is great to use as a guide for your perimeter.

1. Start with 1 row of blocks (eventually upgrading to concrete, etc).
  2. The second row row will be iron bars (vertically) - you can shoot through these and it is right at aiming level
  3. Then 2-3 rows of blocks on top of that.
  4. Place iron bars on the outside of the top level (horizontally), having them parallel to the ground. This prevents crawlers from coming up and also allows you to walk along the top of your wall and still able to shoot down.
  5. You can add a trench as suggested above, with spikes, other defenses, etc to start slowing them down.
  6. Upgrade everything as you gain more skills and supplies.
Friends and I use this as a default and it works great!
  1. Boards
  2. 7 Days to Die
  3. What is your best Design for a base
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A