• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. 7 Days to Die
  3. Question on transitioning to Alpha 19

User Info: alden666

alden666
1 year ago#1
What happens to you character and bases when you update the game? Do you have to start a new character, does the world get regenerated (thereby destroying anything built i.e. your base). My concern is that I do not want to get heavily invested in a character and building base if I have to restart.

(P.S. just got into the game a few weeks ago so I don't know what it was like transitioning to a later version of the game)

User Info: The Deadpool

The Deadpool
1 year ago#2
It is VERY unlikely that we will get an update on PS4. Things have changed a lot and they don’t want to spend the money on console updates anymore.

Things might change but it looks VERY unlikely.
We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.

alden666
1 year ago#3
Yes it is very unlikely but a possibility is still there:

https://7daystodie.com/console-news/

Anyway, my main question was about transitioning to versions. Do you know the answer what happens to previous game saves?

(P.S. I wish they'd try crowd funding if money is an issue as they said that there still a steady and healthy community of PS4 users.)
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: The Deadpool

The Deadpool
1 year ago#4
We definitely keep the saves but I think none of the updates kick in until you start a new game. Your old world didn’t change last time we got an update as I recall it.

And I wouldn’t hold my breath for an update if i were you.
We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.

alden666
1 year ago#5
The Deadpool posted...
We definitely keep the saves but I think none of the updates kick in until you start a new game. Your old world didn’t change last time we got an update as I recall it.

And I wouldn’t hold my breath for an update if i were you.

You have to start a new game for every update for the changes to kick in?! That sounds like it will kill the character progress and base building. Planning to get in on the PC but I think I might hold off for a while.

User Info: Gunzleader

Gunzleader
4 months ago#6
Long as both consoles get updated and not just one don't become sellouts devs.

User Info: FrozzenX

FrozzenX
4 months ago#7
Gunzleader posted...
Long as both consoles get updated and not just one don't become sellouts devs.

No console is going to be updated for this game. This game is done as it is.

1. Boards
  2. 7 Days to Die
  3. Question on transitioning to Alpha 19
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A