• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Outcast
  3. Can't get Outcast to start on Windows XP

User Info: TazmanianD

TazmanianD
11 years ago#1

I've never played this game before but hear good things about it so I've decided to give it a try but unfortunately I'm stuck running it on Windows XP despite my experience getting older games to work and my searches on the web.

I have installed the game and the three patches. When I launch the game I get the menu and when I click "New Game" the screen resolution changes, a black screen appears and I hear some introduction music. Then nothing happens and the game hangs. I have to alt-tab out and kill it.

I have tried the various compatibility settings on both the shortcut as well as Oc1.exe, Oc2.exe and Oc3.exe. I've tried running CPUKiller. I've tried running CPUKiller and the loading program with 1 core and even tried changing to 1 core the hanged process as well. None of this has worked and there doesn't seem to be any more suggestions out there. Do any of you have any?

1. Boards
  2. Outcast
  3. Can't get Outcast to start on Windows XP
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
A few questionsuffbulle112/29/2019

GameFAQs Q&A

Outcast? Side Quest1 Answer