• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Outcast
  3. First time player

User Info: TazmanianD

TazmanianD
12 years ago#1

As I mentioned in the post I just made, I'm keeping an eye out to purchase a copy of this to play. I thought I'd poke in and give you fans a chance to get me excited about it.

I generally like RPG games that are heavily story driven. I'm a fan of games like Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, Anachronox, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Wizardry 8 and to a lesser extent Morrowind and Oblivion. And I like a challenge. I also like surprises, so no spoilers please.

User Info: Cutter_Slade

Cutter_Slade
12 years ago#2
Hi!

It's cool that some people are still playing this game, and that some (like yourself) aim to try it out despite that it's so hard to come by! I'd thought I throw my two cents in to get you fired up!

The thing about this game is that on paper it doesn't seem so impressive. Especially when compared to the games of today naturally. But I remember to this day the first time I played a demo-version of Outcast. I was so captivated in an instant! The characters, the graphics and all the other cool elements of this game just caught me right away!

It's so hard to describe what it is that makes this game so good. For one thing Appeal integrated elements in this game that was very unique and original. Like the fact that you CAN shoot everyone you see on screen. But you quickly realize that not only is it bad for you story line-wise, you simply don't WANT to shoot innocent characters, they are very much "alive".

I could go on and on and spoil everything for you. But instead I hope that you get your hands on a copy very soon, and that it runs somewhat problem-free on your computer. Unfortunately it's not 100% compatible with todays operating-systems, and you're probably gonna run into some minor issues.

When you get the game post and tell us what you think!

Cheers
Why do today what you can leave for tomorrow?
Jecht, Final Fantasy X

User Info: TazmanianD

TazmanianD
12 years ago#3

Well, I just purchased a new copy of this game on ebay for $14 (which is probably the least I've ever bought a game on ebay for). It's supposedly a complete factory sealed box too, not just the CD. I probably won't play it right away since I am undertaking another massive project (I'm building a home theater room) which is keeping me occupied but I think this may be first on my list when I get the time. I'll let you know what I think.

I seem to recall that I did play a few minutes of the demo of this game a long time ago and wasn't impressed, but I probably just didn't give the game a chance.

1. Boards
  2. Outcast
  3. First time player
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
A few questionsuffbulle112/29/2019

GameFAQs Q&A

Outcast? Side Quest1 Answer