• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Outcast
  3. Which Resolution?

User Info: ragarm34

ragarm34
13 years ago#1
Since I see some life on this board, let me ask which resolution did you last play at?

I have XP and my monitor doesn't like the 512Xwhatever setting so I started with 400 X whatever. I recently tried the resolution patch and the visual improvement was terrific. However, my game crashed whenever I tried to reload a saved game and also in my second time in combat.

This is my first time playing through the game. For those with XP, do you find it crashed too often and I should give up on the higher resolution patch? Thank you in advance for any advice.

User Info: jsmith2001

jsmith2001
13 years ago#2
I set it to 512x384 and checked the "Framed" option. Runs in 640x480 with black bars at the edges, but hey, at least it does run.

User Info: ragarm34

ragarm34
13 years ago#3
Thanks! This is the second PC I've installed this to, and I forgot about the framed trick this time around (never got around to playing it on the first PC).

Too bad the patch doesn't get along well with XP. But 512 is much better and I no longer feel like I'm missing stuff right in front of Cutter's eyes.
  1. Boards
  2. Outcast
  3. Which Resolution?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
A few questionsuffbulle112/29/2019

GameFAQs Q&A

Outcast? Side Quest1 Answer