Which classes are the best-worst against the hotu final boss? (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter Nights
  3. Which classes are the best-worst against the hotu final boss? (spoilers)

User Info: UchihaX66

UchihaX66
4 months ago#1
Just curious. Thinking about playing this again.

User Info: red255

red255
4 months ago#2
Hotu has Epic gear, in that theres a blacksmith that gets you up to +10 weapon enchantments with additional damage.

So a Hit stuff class is favored.

The Class with a Red Dragon Disciple to boost strength allows you to get a Devestating Critical Hit earlier to instantly kill numerous enemies.

(Dev crit requires 25 strength, and taking RDD to 10 gives 8 strength)

Bard Class also has Appraise as a class skill which helps getting the funds to buy the weapon enchantments. So I believe the set is fighter rest/Bard1/RDD 10.

Pick your poison for weapon any +10 weapon with permanent haste and whatever amount of elemental damage they shove on those things should be fine.

Just remember to properly take your levels you want to make sure you get your Base Attack Bonus above 16 prior to hitting 20. For the 4 main hand attacks.

If you are running thru SoU before HotU as I recall its a pretty low magic world, I always found Clerics the best in low magic worlds, I normally take cleric for a while then when Robes of the dark moon become available I take a level of Monk and made some stupidly powerful cleric with a level of monk to use kamas.

Cleric has spells like flame weapon, and greater magic weapon and divine vestment and Divine Favor.

Makes it hit hard. It also can take domains to customize it as you like, ideally I take a domain that gives me stoneskin and a second domain For stuff. can't really recall offhand.

The Final boss can be talked to. If you get his true name from the knower of Names you can simply use it to get him to go away.

Not really sure the worst class to take. I mean you could mess something up pretty bad, but most any straight class should at least work.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: sibakruom

sibakruom
4 months ago#3
A good thing to note is that the final boss has no resistance whatsoever to Acid and is all but immune to all the other standard elements. So when it comes to decide which element to enchant your weapons with, Acid is definitely the way to go.

User Info: red255

red255
4 months ago#4
Since Divine Might, and divine Favor were added later, a large number of in game enemies are not immune to the additional divine and magic damage they add to your weapon. If you want to talk about immunity bypassing attacks. I recall using them to cut down the indestructable golems in the original campaign.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter Nights
  3. Which classes are the best-worst against the hotu final boss? (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived