• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter Nights
  3. Console command to force a door?

User Info: joefitts63

joefitts63
13 years ago#1
Is there a console command to force a door to open? I am playing a mod, and I have gotten stuck. Supposedly there is a key for this door, but I can't find it anywhere, and I am about to just give up on the mod. I hate to do so, since I have enjoyed it so far, but if I can't get the door open, it is game over.

I even tried giving myself the key that was mentioned in a walkthrough via the dm_spawnitem command, but it must not have been the right key, and the mod has probably a hundred keys in it. I am not spawning them all. :(
"Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull then ram it in an eye socket, I know I'm buildin' a better future." - Smiling Jack

User Info: red255

red255
13 years ago#2
....Well you could pop open the module in the campaign editor to find the key code....

Is it a door to a new area or can you just jump past it with the ...'+' numpad key I believe moves to location?
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: Go4Bamsemums

Go4Bamsemums
13 years ago#3
Go to the Cheat's section here; there's an instant kill command that works on both doors/chests and creatures

joefitts63
13 years ago#4
@ Go4: Maybe I am blind, but I have read the cheats list twice and don't see such a command. Can you be more specific?

@ Red: Unfortunately, it is an area transition. Where did you find out about the + key, anyway? That isn't listed in the cheats section that I can see, either.
"Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull then ram it in an eye socket, I know I'm buildin' a better future." - Smiling Jack

User Info: red255

red255
13 years ago#5
One Hit Kills
Enable cheats by hitting ~ and typing in DebugMode 1 and hitting Enter.

In any area, hold the cursor at a point where you want to go and hit + on the number pad. To instantly kill a tough enemy, hold the cursor on it and hit the y key. You can even use the instant kill cheat to break most doors, chests, and boxes.

Contributed By: Salarian

Find it now?
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

joefitts63
13 years ago#6
Yes. Thank you. I have no idea why my eye skipped over it. I really did look through that page twice. Ah, well, appreciate the help. :-)
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter Nights
  3. Console command to force a door?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A