• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mary Skelter: Nightmares
  3. IMPORTANT: Downtown NIGHTMARE GLITCH/ERROR

User Info: DragonLord150

DragonLord150
2 years ago#1
It is possible for the Nightmare to spawn on a jump pad in the middle of the area, the pad in the middle you use to to continue the jump, and thus forcing you to game over since a most of them are one way. Please Rabbit Hole before using doing the jump-pad sections.
If there is a hallway it is easy to end the chase since it cannot move but if you time it wrong it will spawn on a jump pad while you are on the middle sections thus forcing you to game over.

REMEMBER:
You cannot open menus or use Rabbit Hole during chase which will lead you to have to GAME OVER by falling to your death until everyone is dead.

Note:
If I recall this was in area 4 which is an optional area, a gun part is located there, so if you do this after the Chapter is cleared you are do not have to worry about this.
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon

User Info: geelw

geelw
2 years ago#2
You can also exit the map using a Homing Amplifier and return, as that will reset the Nightmare to a new area or another part of the same floor if it's getting pesky to deal with. I recall only seeing it's aura once kind of near the jump pads and was wondering if that would be hell to deal with if the party jumped and he appeared. Now I know (and fortunately, didn't have that problem before he was taken down for good).
"It's just a jump to the left..."

User Info: DragonLord150

DragonLord150
2 years ago#3
What sucks is that during chase you are locked out of Menus. That would fix this issue and just lock us out of Map.
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon

User Info: geelw

geelw
1 year ago#4
DragonLord150 posted...
What sucks is that during chase you are locked out of Menus. That would fix this issue and just lock us out of Map.

Yeah, I found that out slightly later in the game when I got a random screen freeze glitch during a Nightmare chase in the Tower section (ugh). At certain points you can't drop a Rabbit Hole because it's in the event area (boo!), so I had a save right before that I had to go back to after the game froze. That save point was about only about 15 minutes earlier, so it wasn't too bad except that I lost the two Growth Area roulette bonuses I'd gotten (noooo!)

The bad part was the Nightmare reset itself to the part of the map I needed to get to (it initially popped up in a spot I'd already mapped out), so I had to lure it back closer to where I wanted to disable it because it's suicide to run through some unmapped rooms with potential traps zapping your party's HP away AND the Nightmare closing in.
"It's just a jump to the left..."
  1. Boards
  2. Mary Skelter: Nightmares
  3. IMPORTANT: Downtown NIGHTMARE GLITCH/ERROR
  • Topic Archived