• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  3. Great game, shame it appears to be getting 0 hype.

User Info: Ocelot Rising

Ocelot Rising
2 years ago#41
kio87gre posted...
John_Hawkwood posted...
I'm having a love/hate relationship with Mission 3 lol.

I really liked that mission a ton. What are you having trouble with?

You know, me too. Loved missions 1 and 2, but 3 did my head in. Something about it feeling way too trial-and-errory, and I felt like I was just skirting viewcones constantly and dodging into bushes just before they noticed me, rather than methodically killing my way across a level. 4 has been better so far.

I also wish there was just slightly more variation between the characters. To my head, many of the abilities are just variations on each other. Like the stone, sake and bird whistle. If you ask me there should be only one or two of those abilities, only one or maybe two who can do all the ninja climbing, and then another character who can do something unique. Hopefully something to build on in a sequel!
7000 laters

User Info: ZIONel44

ZIONel44
2 years ago#42
Ocelot Rising posted...
kio87gre posted...
John_Hawkwood posted...
I'm having a love/hate relationship with Mission 3 lol.

I really liked that mission a ton. What are you having trouble with?

You know, me too. Loved missions 1 and 2, but 3 did my head in. Something about it feeling way too trial-and-errory, and I felt like I was just skirting viewcones constantly and dodging into bushes just before they noticed me, rather than methodically killing my way across a level. 4 has been better so far.

I also wish there was just slightly more variation between the characters. To my head, many of the abilities are just variations on each other. Like the stone, sake and bird whistle. If you ask me there should be only one or two of those abilities, only one or maybe two who can do all the ninja climbing, and then another character who can do something unique. Hopefully something to build on in a sequel!

Your idea is terrible lol, that would totally limit what you can and cannot do, and probably make some of the characters useless.And unless you could select the characters before hand (which means wayy more trial and error) the maps would be way more limited, unless you knew.before hand what was in them..aka more trial and error...mission 3 is easy wait tell later ._.
XBL gt: lee the wise
appreciate a game for what it brings. not just for the graphics.

User Info: warrie

warrie
2 years ago#43
Ocelot Rising posted...

Same here! Almost finished with mission 3 but after enjoying mission 1 and 2, mission 3 brought back the same frustration that the harder Commando levels brought me. Finding clever ways to eliminate a couple of guards makes games like these fun. Too many enemies is an easy way to make a level harder, but it just makes the experience boring, having to constantly check the viewcones. Good to hear mission 4 is more fun!

User Info: warrie

warrie
2 years ago#44
Made it to mission 6 but I won't continue. The trial&error gameplay is really tedious imo.

User Info: BunnyMan85

BunnyMan85
2 years ago#45
Had a blast with it. Very nice game. The controls really worked well. Just the camera a bit bothered me. I wish they will make a 2nd game. Loved all the characters. Was very disappointed that one had to go later who was my fav.

Bought the physical ver. Gonna give it to my friend to try it out. He might like it.

just bought pillars of eternity CE. Hopefully the controls are as great as in this game. Nothing bothers me from pc games more than bad controls and texts made for ants.

User Info: thierminator

thierminator
2 years ago#46
Just finished it myself, and while i am not a trophy whore i found it sad i did not got the trophy for dealing with noburu or something like that
Edit. What a great game, hoping for a second
Sorry for my bad English

User Info: thierminator

thierminator
2 years ago#47
Just reloaded my last save, and now i got the trophy, i also save scummed to get the sepuku trophy as well.
Final score 9,5/10
Sorry for my bad English
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  3. Great game, shame it appears to be getting 0 hype.
  • Topic Archived