• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  3. Great game, shame it appears to be getting 0 hype.

User Info: ZIONel44

ZIONel44
2 years ago#31
The camera is really no big deal at all, and works fine. You do gotta work with it more then in some games but its far from bad and suits the game just fine considering its not a fast paced game.

I have the Xbox version so maybe it's different on ps4? But you can remap all of the buttons. But like I said its really not nessesary.
XBL gt: lee the wise
appreciate a game for what it brings. not just for the graphics.

User Info: tr1bes

tr1bes
2 years ago#32
I never play this type of game before. The last game resemble to this game is Tenchu but that is a ps1 title. Metal Gear solid is the other one. I played through 2 level last night. I got my butt killed so many time. the camera is awkward but need to get use of. The button layout is also another thing I need to work on. Overall, it's a good tactical strategy game. Maybe they can incorporate some xcom elements like lvl up system and weapon upgrade as well in this game to enhance it even more. Story need more improvement though.
Good to be a gamer. Proud to be owner of NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, 360, PS1-4, 3ds, GBA, psp, Switch

User Info: SpiralSage

SpiralSage
2 years ago#33
what are the loading times like? The PC version had loading times that were so bad that game had to tell you that the game hadn't crashed but was still loading
http://gameramblings.wordpress.com/
http://i.imgur.com/pROJI2C.gif

User Info: thierminator

thierminator
2 years ago#34
SpiralSage posted...
what are the loading times like? The PC version had loading times that were so bad that game had to tell you that the game hadn't crashed but was still loading

If it first loads a map it can take a while. But after that its oke, not having to many issues with it.
Sorry for my bad English

ZIONel44
2 years ago#35
Im,actually getting kinda annoyed at some of the reviews poping up. Like this one guys say. "The game is to complicated and hard. I tried beating the first level about 30 times and couldn't it's just to complex and no guns" ,0/10 like seriously dude..smh.

And quite a few others are popping up with some of the stupidest gripes. Smh

User Info: kio87gre

kio87gre
2 years ago#36
ZIONel44 posted...
Im,actually getting kinda annoyed at some of the reviews poping up. Like this one guys say. "The game is to complicated and hard. I tried beating the first level about 30 times and couldn't it's just to complex and no guns" ,0/10 like seriously dude..smh.

I finished the game yesterday and I really have to call BS on the whole "this game is to difficult" narrative.

This game is really fair but forces you to take your time and really make good use the characters abilities. You just have so much synergy between the characters and you have so much options. Also the whole shadow mode (where you can queue a action per character) can really open thing up for you once you understand how it works.

Aiko is god tier when she gets her disguise. Like she is almost broken. He hairpin kill is the fastest of them all and she keeps her disuise in tact. Being able to manipulate guards and forces them to look aways, halt or make them watch the direction of your sake trap is really good.

Samurai are also not a strong as people make them out to be. The games tells you that a flintlock shot will stun them for a short while, but you have some serious time to kill them after a stun. You dont even need multiple characters you can do it with 1.
Domains under heaven, after a long period of division, tends to unite;
after a long period of union, tends to divide.

tr1bes
2 years ago#37
kio87gre posted...
ZIONel44 posted...

I finished the game yesterday and I really have to call BS on the whole "this game is to difficult" narrative.

This game is really fair but forces you to take your time and really make good use the characters abilities. You just have so much synergy between the characters and you have so much options. Also the whole shadow mode (where you can queue a action per character) can really open thing up for you once you understand how it works.

Aiko is god tier when she gets her disguise. Like she is almost broken. He hairpin kill is the fastest of them all and she keeps her disuise in tact. Being able to manipulate guards and forces them to look aways, halt or make them watch the direction of your sake trap is really good.

Samurai are also not a strong as people make them out to be. The games tells you that a flintlock shot will stun them for a short while, but you have some serious time to kill them after a stun. You dont even need multiple characters you can do it with 1.

There are some missions that you don't have the samurai. The other 4 characters can't kill a samurai alone unless a brick or something fall on them.
Good to be a gamer. Proud to be owner of NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, 360, PS1-4, 3ds, GBA, psp, Switch

tr1bes
2 years ago#38
So far, I am on mission 7. I love this game. I got use of the shadow moves. I'm liking Yuki the most because of the traps. She is a bit weak and slow on getting the dead body to a hinder area. This game make me think of my next precise moves. Kinda like chess. Aiko is too powerful with her disguise. Distract, kill, and partial freedom movement.

This game is worth it. Yes, I get myself killed in the beginning because I'm not use to the camera, button layout, and character's abilities. As I progress through more mission, I am accustom to the game. Camera issue still there but I guess it's part of the game and have to get use to it. Each mission for me takes about 45 min to 1 hour. I work about 60 hr in 6 days so finishing one mission would be a day for me.

User Info: thierminator

thierminator
2 years ago#39
While i must admit that aiko disguise is OP, its not always easy to get her disguise. I am currently @ mission 6 or 7. The night mission. Sadly enough i cannot play everyday. Only a few hours a week now, rebuilding our house....... But man i love this game. Any other games like this on ps4? Probably not, but other good strategy games?. I don't own a pc, and refuse to play on mobile.
Edit: and i can't help it, but i always wanna kill as much as possible.
Sorry for my bad English

ZIONel44
2 years ago#40
kio87gre posted...
ZIONel44 posted...

Lulz people are saying samurai are hard? Lmao. Geez this generation man lol..anyway. Yea, I found that out like maybe after killing about 3 and getting the pistol. You only need one person. For some reason very few people have actually tried shooting them and just running up and stabbing them and im not sure why lol
. Tbh.

Idk why but whenever mugen is on a mission with me he ends up murdering everyone! I dont know why I end using him the most...such a shame that...nvm...
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  3. Great game, shame it appears to be getting 0 hype.
  • Topic Archived