• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  3. Great game, shame it appears to be getting 0 hype.

User Info: John_Hawkwood

John_Hawkwood
2 years ago#21
kio87gre posted...
John_Hawkwood posted...
I'm having a love/hate relationship with Mission 3 lol.

I really liked that mission a ton. What are you having trouble with?

Nothing much per se, it's just I'll get a good bit into the mission without any mistakes, and totally forget to quicksave lol. Being impatient in this game will get you killed fast haha.

User Info: blindor1983

blindor1983
2 years ago#22
I loved Commandos when I was younger so I picked this up on PC. Only played a bit of the first level last night but what I played was amazing, and even better that a controller can be used to control the characters directly.

User Info: Grendel Prime

Grendel Prime
2 years ago#23
Really interested in this game, but I keep hearing about the camera. Is it really that bad? I'll end up buying it anyway, but I just bought/pre-ordered like 10 games, so I might wait for a sale on this one.
http://i.imgur.com/ocx9d7F.gifv

User Info: Sorugue

Sorugue
2 years ago#24
Grendel Prime posted...
Really interested in this game, but I keep hearing about the camera. Is it really that bad? I'll end up buying it anyway, but I just bought/pre-ordered like 10 games, so I might wait for a sale on this one.

Camera can be annoying, you can certainly tell its a PC port. The issue I think is you use R3 to scroll across the screen, and have to hold R2 while pressing R3 to rotate the camera. Imo they should have done that in reverse. Its a pain but can be adapted to if you give it enough time.
Currently playing: Trails of Cold Steel 2, Overwatch, Nioh, Horizon ZD, Sims 4, Tales of Berseria, Story of Seasons:ToT

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
2 years ago#25
Grendel Prime posted...

It's just different. It controls entirely with the right stick or right stick & right trigger (for rotation)
It's nothing too difficult to master just seems more difficult because the game does not utilize transparency when you go behind buildings or objects so you have to use the camera more so than other similar games.
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.

User Info: vejeta

vejeta
2 years ago#26
I'm gonna buy this game, happy to see such titles get a console release.
WiiU:Jab_187 3DS:0877-0271-5435 PSN:Jab_187 XBL:Jab 187 z
PC: i7-5820K Hexacore @ 3.30GHz, 32G DDR4, 980TI-SLI, Predator XB271HK G-Sync 4K Steam:Vejeta187

User Info: Grendel Prime

Grendel Prime
2 years ago#27
Thanks for the answers. I'm guessing from the response that there's no way to remap the R3/R2 thing (other than in the PS4 settings, which I'm sure we can agree is a lousy solution).

Going up pick it up when I get paid Friday. Got my hands full with Sundered now. The comparisons to Commandos and Desperadoes sold me. Love those games (haven't played Robin Hood)
http://i.imgur.com/ocx9d7F.gifv

User Info: Kensei25

Kensei25
2 years ago#28
Bought the game on launch day and super psyched to start playing it. But due to work and travel, can't start it until next week...torture!

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
2 years ago#29
I LOVE it!! Usually suck at stealth games and quit easily but I've been sticking with it. And I'm getting killed a lot, lol.
Live hard, play harder!

User Info: DragonlordHaar8

DragonlordHaar8
2 years ago#30
This game looks interesting. Never played a real stealth game before but I enjoy strategy.
TvC friend code- 0947- 3795- 9587
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  3. Great game, shame it appears to be getting 0 hype.
  • Topic Archived