• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  3. Great game, shame it appears to be getting 0 hype.

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
2 years ago#1
Just finished the first level & forgot how challenging it can be.

Camera is a bit awkward but workable.
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.

User Info: KoRnKoB

KoRnKoB
2 years ago#2
Lol I came onto this after seeing you playing it on my list. Had a quick look at a video, but what is it exactly?
PSN: PrincePAUL87 | http://www.backloggery.com/princepaul87
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/princepaul87

User Info: johnwiser

johnwiser
2 years ago#3
Shadow Tactics is a title that many of us will remember that played Commandos, Robin Hood and/or Desperadoes on PC. The theme of these games was more about stealth while using up to 5 characters to move around the map and completing objectives.

Shadow Tactics is set in Edo Japan while Commandos was set in WWII, Robin Hood set in the Middle Ages while Desperadoes was set in the Old West. As a matter of fact the first mission from Shadow Tactics reminds me a lot of a mission in Commandos...hmmm, I wonder...

Until you get your feet under you and you learn the patterns of each level you are best to take your time. I have heard that each mission will take around 20-30 minutes, yea, but what they do not tell you is how many times you will have to go through said mission before you will be able to complete such a task in that of said 20-30 minutes...LOL.

While some will shy away thinking this game is just to short, after all there are only 13 missions, please understand that these missions will take you longer than 20-30 minutes to achieve. At least right off the get go and until you have all the patterns worked out and you save often, like before you do anything major, plan on saving fast and often.

Great series of games and truth be told IF they were to release all three titles again but for the PS4 ( that of Commandos, Robin Hood and Desperadoes.), I would buy them without hesitation, they are that good.

User Info: IgorSaray

IgorSaray
2 years ago#4
I fondly remember playing Desperados sometime mid '00 and this looks exactly like that. Problem is no store in my country is selling this game (way too niche) so my only option is buying digital but I hate doing that since I can't resell of course.

Don't know what to do... :(

User Info: John_Hawkwood

John_Hawkwood
2 years ago#5
I'm absolutely loving this game. I'm not gonna lie, the first two missions kicked my butt as it's been years since I've played a strategy/tactics game, but the feeling you get when everything just clicks is great.

I'm not sure if the developers have any DLC planned in the future, hopefully the game does well enough to warrant a few extra missions or even a Mission/Level editor, but I'd gladly pay for more stuff.

I just wish this had came with an old school instruction manual with artwork/bios for each character. I'm a sucker for that stuff lol.

User Info: ZIONel44

ZIONel44
2 years ago#6
I been supporting this games console release for a while. It maybe hard to believe for the PC heads/devs but there are console players that do enjoy these kinds of games. I even got pullers of iterinity on pre order.

Anyway this games amazing 9/10
XBL gt: lee the wise
appreciate a game for what it brings. not just for the graphics.

grampamurked
2 years ago#7
KoRnKoB posted...
Lol I came onto this after seeing you playing it on my list. Had a quick look at a video, but what is it exactly?

It's just a great old school tactical stealth game. I just replayed the first level trying to "ghost" it. Failed that but managed to do it without killing anyone. And that was damn hard. Got 5/9 badges on it. Feels like it will be neigh impossible to get them all. Especially the touch no bushes badge lol

User Info: Sorugue

Sorugue
2 years ago#8
I literally discovered this game this morning lol, after doing a bit of research (I know shocker right?) With gameplay vids and reviews I opted to take the plunge. Totally worth it! I think a review I read quoted it best, in that this game defiantly harkens back to the "Old stealth" format of games. In more recent titles such as MGS 5, Hitman, Dishonered etc, utilize the "New stealth" format where stealth is advised, but even if your caught you can shoot your way out OR simply shoot your way through the entire game lol. This game very much makes me think of the tenchu series, where stealth is essential as your simply not going to fight your way through, time to dust off the ol save scumming lol.
Currently playing: Trails of Cold Steel 2, Overwatch, Nioh, Horizon ZD, Sims 4, Tales of Berseria, Story of Seasons:ToT

grampamurked
2 years ago#9
I'm on my 4th run of the first level. Got every badge but the speedrun. I get about half way and something goes horribly wrong lol. First run took me an hour and now I'm trying to do it in under 11 minutes.

User Info: king_masters

king_masters
2 years ago#10
Sorugue posted...
I literally discovered this game this morning lol, after doing a bit of research (I know shocker right?) With gameplay vids and reviews I opted to take the plunge. Totally worth it! I think a review I read quoted it best, in that this game defiantly harkens back to the "Old stealth" format of games. In more recent titles such as MGS 5, Hitman, Dishonered etc, utilize the "New stealth" format where stealth is advised, but even if your caught you can shoot your way out OR simply shoot your way through the entire game lol. This game very much makes me think of the tenchu series, where stealth is essential as your simply not going to fight your way through, time to dust off the ol save scumming lol.

Yes this 100% stealth shouldn't be optional in your stealth game.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  3. Great game, shame it appears to be getting 0 hype.
  • Topic Archived