• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  3. Pre ordered the physical edition

User Info: thierminator

thierminator
2 years ago#11
94mav98 posted...
Eagerly anticipating your impressions!
@94mav98
Game is great. Did not really know what to except, because i don't want to spoil myself with to much gameplay vids.
It plays excellent with a controller, only minus point so far is the camera, it doesn't follow your character. Also it can rotates a little od. Still its not gamebreaking either. I am playing on normal now, which is hard but not punishing hard. Played the first 2 missions now. You can save at any point in the game, which is a plus point for me. If you don't want to use it then don't. Game rewards you for not saving. Each missions has a bunch of medals you can earn for completing challenges, great for replay value. I see my myself playing this game for a long time, each stage is like a big puzzle. Love it. I even dare to say its been a long time a game has made me so excited.
Sorry for my bad English

User Info: ZIONel44

ZIONel44
2 years ago#12
Nice I always loved these types of games. Commandos,desperado's. Good kinda old school stealth game
XBL gt: lee the wise
appreciate a game for what it brings. not just for the graphics.

User Info: 94mav98

94mav98
2 years ago#13
Nice! I don't think I've ever played any of the games it takes its inspiration from since I'm not really a PC gamer, but would you say it's easy to get into if you like Metal Gear Solid 1-2 and its VR Missions, or Volume?
"Every single new Final Fantasy game is the one that ruined the franchise forever, and this is obvious the second they announce the title."

thierminator
2 years ago#14
I am not a pc gamer myself either. But i am a stealth fan. Mgs1 is one of my favorite games ever. Never played volume. Its not hard to get into no. Controls are pretty simple. Highly recommend it, really. Its my new love. I hope i still love it after many hours and don't hit a wall
Sorry for my bad English

ZIONel44
2 years ago#15
94mav98 posted...
Nice! I don't think I've ever played any of the games it takes its inspiration from since I'm not really a PC gamer, but would you say it's easy to get into if you like Metal Gear Solid 1-2 and its VR Missions, or Volume?

Commandos, is on Consol's. Not so sure about the other game though.

94mav98
2 years ago#16
Haven't played that one though.

thierminator posted...
I am not a pc gamer myself either. But i am a stealth fan. Mgs1 is one of my favorite games ever. Never played volume. Its not hard to get into no. Controls are pretty simple. Highly recommend it, really. Its my new love. I hope i still love it after many hours and don't hit a wall

Then you definitely have to check out Volume for PS4 or Vita:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueLL7tpul2o

My favourite MGS is MGS2, but I love the first one as well.
"Every single new Final Fantasy game is the one that ruined the franchise forever, and this is obvious the second they announce the title."

thierminator
2 years ago#17
Yeah i did know about the existence of volume. But never tried it. Maybe something to keep in mind after this diamond
Sorry for my bad English

94mav98
2 years ago#18
Yeah. I have the Vita version from Limited Run Games. They're gonna release the PS4 version later this year I think. I really miss MGS, especially the look and feel of the first two with all the VR stuff.

Definitely gonna check out Shadow Tactics though. It's not that often you see a quality retail console release from a German developer, for some reason.

User Info: Kensei25

Kensei25
2 years ago#19
Can't wait to play this! Been waiting for ages for it to come to PS4. Just trying to wait patiently for it to show up online on the Playstation Store...

ZIONel44
2 years ago#20
Man I really wish they did midnight releases for unpopular games.or like a way to pre order a game and get it earlier for an extra price. I don't wanna wait tell tomorrow D:
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  3. Pre ordered the physical edition
  • Topic Archived