• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Planescape: Torment
  3. Stuck: Can't get receipt from Iannis
miotas 1 year ago#1
*SPOILER ALERT*

I tried to do this game without help. But I got stuck. According to the walkthroughs I'm supposed to get a receipt from Iannis through various dialogue regarding his daughter. I did all that, the sensory stones and everything. I did all the dialogue options I see in the walkthroughs. But I never got a receipt to give to Nadilin in return for the Raven portal.

Help please? I'm so very stuck.
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!
miotas 1 year ago#2
*SPOILER ALERT!!!*

OK, so no one here was able to solve my problem. I ended up having to kill Nadilin to get the item for the Raven Portal. Of course this pissed off the locals and I had to fight my way out.

Not the optimal result I was looking for, but at least I could continue the game.
This game can be glitchy. It could have been when you couldn't carry more, maybe. Could it be that it just seemed like a different junk-item and you sold it? Either way, I'm glad you got past it anyway.

Don't worry about pissing off NPCs and having to kill them. You can do differently on the next playthrough. It is a role-playing game, after all. Have fun!

Peace, friend.
Yohoho.
I recall having an NPC with a vital side quest item not continue quest conversation and therefore not give me the item I needed to complete it. I don't know if I messed up, but I think it was a glitch. Sounds the same for you, friend.

I'm glad you figured it out. My game is sure bugged currently, particularly my forced lawful good status when I'm being very chaotic evil.
So, you never know with this game. It's a product of it's time(and somewhat a product of today, if you play the enhanced edition)
Yohoho.
miotas 1 year ago#5
Thanks
Have you played Torment: Tides of Nemenera? I hear it is in the same vane as plancescape.

Man, I wish they would make more planescape games. So much potential.
Sir Cyrus 1 year ago#6
Tides of Numenara was made by the creators of Torment, pretty much. Even though I backed in on Kickstarter a couple of years ago, it's still on my backlog. Maybe this winter...
Sigless for now.
bluevelvet 7 months ago#7
Op you can console create a missing quest item. Or heck pickpocket with Annah can solve some of this
  1. Boards
  2. Planescape: Torment
  3. Stuck: Can't get receipt from Iannis
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A