• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kirby: Planet Robobot
  3. Meta Knight Theory

User Info: Luigimasterply2

Luigimasterply2
2 years ago#1
I have been firmly believing, pretty much since I've become a Kirby fan, that Meta Knight is Kirby's brother.
Meta Knight doesn't really seem evil, and he's fair and protective, and often helps Kirby on his adventures. Lately, Waddle Dee has been taking on that role, but let's look back at Kirby history. Let's go back to the anime. Sure it might not be all the way canon, but bear with me. In there, if I remember correctly, Kirby was a monster created by eNeME. but he was a flop and his design and behavior was not monster-like so eNeME got rid of him. Let's go look at Meta Knight's design. Not only does he just look like a dark blue Kirby under his mask, but his design is... Kirby. Look at his proportion to Kirby in any game they are both in and you will notice that without the mask, wings, and metal shoes, Meta Knight has a Kirby design. If you even go here to his original design: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/kirby/images/d/de/KA_MetaKnight.png/revision/latest?cb=20130402143400&path-prefix=en
he even runs and poses like Kirby, except he has a mask and is holding a cape. And his feet are the same as Kirby's in this picture because the metal knight shoes weren't added yet. I think it's at this point that it's safe to assume that Kirby and Meta Knight are definitely of the same species. Now, if Kirby was created by eNeME, that makes eNeME his father, and since Meta Knight is of the same species, eNeME created him too. Now if you look at characters like Galacta Knight, he looks relatively the same as Meta Knight, who looks relatively the same as Kirby, so we can assume they are all the same species.

Now, according to the anime, eNeME owns a company called Nightmare Enterprises (N.M.E.) that sells monsters to paying customers lightyears away. Dedede is one of these buyers, and most likely somebody in Halcandra because that is where Galacta Knight is found. I don't believe Galacta Knight is evil, I just believe he is cocky from being the greatest Star Warrior in the galaxy, somebody that Meta Knight is very eager to fight.

Now here's the thing. I believe eNeME's rejected monsters that are too non-monster like (the Kirby species), wander the galaxy until they come across a Kabu (the giant tiki head from the anime that is a hospital for fallen Star Warriors and Warp Stars, and it has been confirmed to be more than one, spread all across the universe) and that Kabu makes them into a Star Warrior to battle against eNeME's forces. Then the Kabu sends them off somewhere in the galaxy to sleep until they are fully developed and then they may be called for help to places where eNeME's monsters are attacking. In a way, the Kirby species would be the rebels against their father's armies, and the armies are in a way, their relatives.

Now, Kirby was woken up like 1,000 years earlier than he was supposed to be and was summoned to Dreamland because his ship detected monsters coming from Dreamland, of which of course, Dedede was ordering. It zoomed Kirby to Dreamland and Kirby's been there ever since. This would explain why Kirby acts like a baby, and can't talk like Meta or Galacta Knight, because he was waken up during his 1,000 year hibernating nap and therefore couldn't fully develop. Also probably why he isn't smart enough to build something like his own Battleship Halberd or something like that. Now he may never fully develop and be able to talk. And I guess being fully developed inspires you to wear a mask or something because Meta and Galacta Knight wear masks. But since Kirby doesn't wear one, he can use his inhale ability to use enemies' attacks against them. Maybe Meta Knight and Galacta Knight could do the same thing if they took off their masks, but maybe they find it to be a dishonorable thing to do and as Star Warriors, they must fight honorably with swords and act serious and stuff. This may be their mentality since they got their 1,000 years to fully develop and find using their inhale ability a childish thing to do after fully maturing. Kirby knows no better.
Super Paper Mario is the pinnacle of great platformer and amazing and excelling story for a Mario game.

Luigimasterply2
2 years ago#2
Maybe Meta Knight tolerates it from Kirby because he knows Kirby never got the chance to fully mature. But for Meta Knight and Galacta Knight, it might be a shameful thing to do amongst Star Warriors and a level they must never stoop to, so they wear masks to never be even tempted to do it. It conceals their mouths. Or it could be that Kirby, since he is obviously the youngest of Star Warriors, acting like a baby and all, is the newest model of the rejected monsters that was given an inhale ability to eat and terrorize his victims, something the other 2 weren't given. But that doesn't explain the masks so the first one would fit better. So at this point of the theory, Star Warriors are really just the "Kirby" species of rejected monsters created by the hands of eNeME. Now, let's talk about Meta Knight's relationship with Kirby. Whenever facing Meta Knight, a sword is always given to Kirby no matter what. This shows that Meta Knight believes in fair duels and good form, and doesn't like any cheating or having an advantage. This gives Meta Knight a bit of "big brother" mentality and he is at least no doubt a mentor of Kirby. I feel like he is training Kirby everything he fights him. He seems like a caring big brother, but strict and the type of big brother to put you in danger to test you at the same time. Just look at this episode here: https://youtu.be/6Sb6lz1MOmE?t=4m32s

He likes to push Kirby to his limits and put him to the test to unlock his full potential. Maybe he's trying to catch him up on the lost development of all those years. Or maybe he fights with Kirby to train him for something big coming, maybe a bigger threat to Dreamland than anything before, and Kirby has to be the one to beat it, so Meta Knight constantly puts him to the test to see his skills and improvements. Even in Kirby's Epic Yarn, he fights Kirby and then in the cutscene following, plays it off like the yarn made him crazy. He was testing Kirby, possibly seeing if he was ready for Yen Yarn and greater threats. But Meta Knight isn't the peak of perfection for a Star Warrior standard. It's canon that his secret desire is to best the best warrior in the Galaxy, which is Galacta Knight who he meets in Superstar Ultra, and in Halcandra later. So it's at this point that I can't say Meta Knight is really evil. Sure he fights Kirby, but he always makes sure Kirby has a sword and that it is a fair fight. He challenges Kirby. Heck, even in Revenge of Meta Knight in Superstar Ultra, he considers Kirby a formidable foe and admires him, and is possibly just using his giant Halberd not to blast Kirby to bits, but to test Kirby and see how he does against a giant looming threat in the sky. In the end, Kirby blew up Meta Knight's ship (which I'm sure Meta Knight was fine with because he most likely pays some d*** good insurance on the Halberd seeing how many times it gets destroyed. Brawl, Superstar Ultra, Fright to the Finish, Planet Robobot, just to name a few), and Meta Knight didn't rage out. He watched the Halberd go down (if I'm remembering correctly) and didn't he nod and walk off or something like that? He didn't immediately go after Kirby for revenge. He was testing Kirby, and Kirby had passed that test. All in all, there is many evidence pointing to Meta Knight being a big brother of Kirby, or at least his mentor.

Meta Knight may forsee the greatest threat possible and is preparing Kirby for that. And he doesn't always fight with Kirby. There is Return to Dreamland and other games where he actually helps Kirby. Especially in the movie at the end of the anime. He invites Kirby and his friends onto his ship to blast off to N.M.E. so Kirby can best eNeME and for the Star Warriors to prevail against his armies once and for all. This movie was called Fright to the Finish, and is where Meta Knight acts the most brotherly to Kirby. Yeah, Meta Knight could be the big brother of Kirby. They are at least the same species.

But hey, that's just a theory...
A GAME THEORY!
Thanks for reading!
Super Paper Mario is the pinnacle of great platformer and amazing and excelling story for a Mario game.

User Info: LunaTheUmbreon

LunaTheUmbreon
2 years ago#3
Interesting theory!

However, I don't believe that Meta Knight is Kirby's brother...at least not in the canonical/gaming universe. The anime and the games are two different universes, after all.

As you said before, Star Warriors are basically monsters created by eNeMeE but are either rejected or they have good intentions. Meta Knight is also a Star Warrior, so going by this logic, he and Kirby are siblings. It's also confirmed that Kirby and Meta Knight are of the same species (Puffball), further enhancing the probability. So I agree that they are brothers in the anime universe.

As for Galacta Knight, I say that he's probably a part of the Puffball species, but I can't say for sure...I also don't believe he's actually evil since Super Star and Super Star Ultra says he was only sealed away because of his power and how he basically abused them. But because he was not in the anime, we don't exactly know if he even has a relation to eNeMeE, meaning we also don't know if he's a Star Warrior. As I'm sure we both know, eNeMeE has completely different roles in each universe.

Galacta Knight is shrouded in mystery, so we can only guess, right?

Now, for the gaming universe. The only reason I don't believe that they are brothers here is because we simply just don't have the proof we need. The term 'Star Warrior' doesn't exactly exist here, and eNeMeE is only referred to as Nightmare. Hardly any of the events in the anime are tied in with eNeMeE's gaming counterpart. Meta Knight and Kirby can't be related through being Star Warriors here because of this; the problem with this is that there could be another way they are related. We just don't know what. They are the same species, but that doesn't automatically make them siblings. It is possible that they are brothers, but there isn't enough evidence. Meta Knight being a mentor of some sort could be used as evidence, but he could be just that; a mentor. He may act so calm and collected when Kirby beats him because he likes seeing Kirby growing up and being stronger.

So, to sum things up, I do agree with you that Kirby and Meta Knight are brothers in the anime universe. I don't believe that they are brothers in the gaming universe. But I may be wrong! There aren't many things that we can use to make it obvious whether or not they're siblings there.

I do enjoy seeing Kirby theories lying around. There's so much to talk about! Thank you for sharing this, I'm glad that I can share my thoughts as well. ^^
Kirby's pretty badass, once you think about it.

Luigimasterply2
2 years ago#4
bump

User Info: quittaboi78

quittaboi78
2 years ago#5
As far as the games go, Meta Knight is most likely a member of or related to Kirby's species. In the anime, Nightmare most likely intentionally modelled Kirby after his most persistent opposition Meta Knight (which may be why Meta Knight would have a reasonable amount of knowledge on his biology and capabilities), and I think some manga somewhere had an alternate origin where he was born from a flower.
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!

Luigimasterply2
2 years ago#6
quittaboi78 posted...
As far as the games go, Meta Knight is most likely a member of or related to Kirby's species. In the anime, Nightmare most likely intentionally modelled Kirby after his most persistent opposition Meta Knight (which may be why Meta Knight would have a reasonable amount of knowledge on his biology and capabilities), and I think some manga somewhere had an alternate origin where he was born from a flower.

You maybe think Kirby was to be an anti-Meta Knight?

User Info: quittaboi78

quittaboi78
2 years ago#7
Luigimasterply2 posted...
quittaboi78 posted...

That's my best guess, although technically Meta Knight never takes his mask off in the anime, so there's also a possibility he doesn't match his game appearance (or, more likely, Sakurai just didn't want it to be directly addressed).
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!

Luigimasterply2
2 years ago#8
quittaboi78 posted...
Luigimasterply2 posted...
quittaboi78 posted...

That's my best guess, although technically Meta Knight never takes his mask off in the anime, so there's also a possibility he doesn't match his game appearance (or, more likely, Sakurai just didn't want it to be directly addressed).

He looks the same from anime to games so I figure how he looks without his mask in the games is how he would look if he took off his mask in the anime.

User Info: F_Custard

F_Custard
2 years ago#9
My personal theory (based exclusively on game canon) is that Meta Knight is the Kirby from Dreamland 2 and 3 and Kirby 64 (possibly DL 1 as well, but I have zero evidence), and that adventure, superstar, and all other games are a completely different kirby. It explains why Meta Knight never appears in those games (because he's currently kirby), why kirby's power suddenly change completely (it's a different kirby, and maybe different kirbies have different abilities), why meta knight always trusts Dedede (because over those 3 games he knows Dedede isn't really a bad guy), and why Meta Knight wishes to become the strongest (in case he ever has to protect the world from something stronger than dark matter). It also lends an explanation to how Meta Knight knew that Dark Nebula was in the chest in squeak squad: He was the one who sealed it, while he was hunting down dark matter. Meta Knight tests kirby, not as an enemy, but to train him to be as strong as he is, which also explains why he has stopped voluntarily fighting kirby: He's proven his strength, and thus is no longer in need of testing.
I specialize in self-deprecating jokes, but honestly, they aren't very good.

Luigimasterply2
2 years ago#10
So I think we can confirm Meta Knight is of the "Kirby" species. He acts a bit big-brotherly to Kirby, but mostly is just a mentor and may/may not be related directly to Kirby. I mean, to be fair, he is like a 1,000 years older than Kirbs.
  1. Boards
  2. Kirby: Planet Robobot
  3. Meta Knight Theory
  • Topic Archived