• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Color Splash
  3. How I would improve the game

User Info: propellersimon

propellersimon
1 year ago#1
So I started playing this game a few months after launch and really enjoyed it, although I liked the originals better. My main problem with it is the combat, because you have little control over most things and because it's very easy. The obvious way to improve the combat would be to make it as similar to the first two games as possible, but that would just turn it into another game. So here's how I would improve the combat without changing any essential things:
1) Difficulty settings
Easy would be the same as the original game, normal and hard would give the enemies more hp and attack and give you less coins and paint.
2) General battle improvements
So this game does this cute thing where the more paint you use on a card the more powerful it gets, but that is completely useless since you can't tell how much damage an attack is going to deal. Since the game throws paint and cards at you like they're nothing, experimenting is just not worth it. A way to fix this would be to show how much paint/health a card would take from an enemy while you're touching that card. This would also work while filling the card with paint, so you can use the exact amount of paint needed to take out an enemy. To be even more precise, you could turn on actual health bars. Another improvement would be being able to select your target for an attack, maybe by dragging the card on the enemy you want to use it on.
Other than that, I liked this game! The artstyle was very clever, the music was good, the dialogue was as good as ttyd, some levels were pretty creative and the world was very fun to explore. Again though, the originals were better (including Super, it doesn't get enough love).
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Color Splash
  3. How I would improve the game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A