• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. If I reformat my SD card, will my Pokemon vanish?
DisneySonic1991 2 months ago#1
So, I'm experiencing issues with my SD card on one of my 3DS systems and was just wondering, if I reformat my SD card, will all my Pokémon from my games X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon still be on the cartridges?

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, I just want to make sure. If anyone knows feel, comment!

I think they'll be okay since most Pokémon are saved to the cartridge itself but I could be wrong.
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant.
Pfp/banner: BloodyPink1. She/her. Ace/Gray-sexual
(edited 2 months ago)
regirafariger 2 months ago#2
If you're playing on the cartridge, yes, they're on the cartridge. I can't tell you how many times I've purchased used cartridges for DS and 3DS Pokemon and Dragon Quest games and found somebody else's work on there, and harvested from it. If you're playing from downloads, then, yes, that info is on the SD card, so that would be an entirely different story. But carts are wholly self-contained, and you could stick your cart into other 3DS units and everything would still be fine. The only issue I can think of is your files would probably pop up first time you load them after fixing the SD card that you need to once again download the update versions to your newly formatted SD card (I think X and Y got to versions 1.5, for example) but the save files themselves would be fine.

Where you would lose all your progress is in things like the Badge Arcade, Streetpass Plaza, and if you have any of the other download-only free-to-start kinds of things like Pokemon Shuffle, Pokemon Rumble World, and so on. But if you never bothered with any of those, no problem.
featuring Grogu and Man DeLorean and their flux capacitor!
DisneySonic1991 2 months ago#3
Okay thanks for clarifying
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant.
Pfp/banner: BloodyPink1. She/her. Ace/Gray-sexual
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. If I reformat my SD card, will my Pokemon vanish?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A