This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Why can't i battle with more than 3 pokemon?

User Info: adayum

adayum
2 months ago#1
Hey guys, any help would be super appreciated. In the battle spot for some reason it only lets me use 3 pokemon when battling others online. Any idea why or how i can change it?
ERUTANGIS

User Info: AnimeFan23569

AnimeFan23569
2 months ago#2
adayum posted...
Hey guys, any help would be super appreciated. In the battle spot for some reason it only lets me use 3 pokemon when battling others online. Any idea why or how i can change it?
It's probably the rules, like is it a normal single battle, if so you can only use 3 Pokemon, just change the rules if you're the host to either a Double, Triple or set the limit of Pokemon to 6, hopefully this helps

adayum
2 months ago#3
AnimeFan23569 posted...
It's probably the rules, like is it a normal single battle, if so you can only use 3 Pokemon, just change the rules if you're the host to either a Double, Triple or set the limit of Pokemon to 6, hopefully this helps
Thank you, that helped tremendously. Do i want a triple battle then or is that an entirely different mode all together?
ERUTANGIS

User Info: AnimeFan23569

AnimeFan23569
2 months ago#4
adayum posted...
Thank you, that helped tremendously. Do i want a triple battle then or is that an entirely different mode all together?
it's an entire different mode instead of sending 1 Pokemon out you send 3 out at the same time and the same thing applies you can just use 3 or have 6 depending on the rules, here
Single Battle: 1-3 Pokemon Normal Rules
Double Battle:1-4 Pokemon Normal Rules
Triple Battle:1-6 Pokemon Normal Rules
You should be able to select the rules of the Pokemon and the number of how many you can use also the types as well(Legendary/Mythical which or just non Legendary/Mythicals)
hopes this helps

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
2 months ago#5
Actually Battle Spot is different from a standard link battle. I don't think you can use more than 3 Pokemon in a single battle or 4 in a double.

Triple battles don't exist in Alola.

If you want to have a full 6v6 battle, you'll need to get off the Battle Spot.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

adayum
1 month ago#6
Thard_Verad posted...
Actually Battle Spot is different from a standard link battle. I don't think you can use more than 3 Pokemon in a single battle or 4 in a double.

Triple battles don't exist in Alola.

If you want to have a full 6v6 battle, you'll need to get off the Battle Spot.
Thanks for the info, that makes a lot of sense now. Don't you need to already be friends with the person in order to battle anywhere except the Battle Spot?
ERUTANGIS

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
1 month ago#7
adayum posted...
Thanks for the info, that makes a lot of sense now. Don't you need to already be friends with the person in order to battle anywhere except the Battle Spot?
I believe you can challenge any of the guests in your Festival Plaza, but they're free to refuse. Try looking for someone who has the "I want to battle" tag in their profile.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Why can't i battle with more than 3 pokemon?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A