This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Eevee; which evolution should I go for?

User Info: diamorph

diamorph
3 months ago#1
So I've only really started out (starter was Litten) and got to the first big city on the first island. I got an Eevee in a Wonder Trade, (no idea if they are as rare as they used to be; haven't played any of the 3ds games, last game I played was soulsilver), I've been taking care of my Eevee and it's ready to evolve into sylveon; my last eevee ago was an umbreon; years ago, in soul silver IIRC, though maybe Pearl or Ruby.
I have an Abra in my party (almost always had one) and if I can trade kedabra for a 'kezam I will) so I'm kind of covered when it comes to psychic, unless vespeon is better.
I also have a Bulbasaur, a scyther and a Honedge in my party (I recall steamrolling in Pearl/Ruby with a steel type pokemon. The legendary in Moon is also psychic so vespeon seems like a bad idea, unless I'm wrong. Litten's final evo is Dark/Fire IIRC so Umbreon might be out.
So what do I go for, what would you recommend? One of the traditional Eeve-lutions or going with another one? Which is best in game and may be also competitively, though I like playing single player more; for now.

All answers are appreciated.

PS: is Eevee rare in sun/moon? Or is it common? Lots of semi rare pokemon seem to be fairly common in Alola, which brings me back; though I loved searching for the original rares.

User Info: Novekye

Novekye
3 months ago#2
Eevee's are fairly commom. You can catch them in the second island in the same location you can breed so feel free to get multiple eeveelutions. Since eevee's are better to evolve asap to get their elemental moves id go ahead and evolve it into sylveon then if youd like another eeveelution youll be all set later on to raise another. My personal bias would say to get a glaceon but you cant get that until victory road.
Psn id: Novekye_
Twitch id: twitch.tv/novekye Twitter id: twitter.com/novekye

User Info: diamorph

diamorph
3 months ago#3
Novekye posted...
Eevee's are fairly commom. You can catch them in the second island in the same location you can breed so feel free to get multiple eeveelutions. Since eevee's are better to evolve asap to get their elemental moves id go ahead and evolve it into sylveon then if youd like another eeveelution youll be all set later on to raise another. My personal bias would say to get a glaceon but you cant get that until victory road.

I went and evolved a sylveon after plenty of googling. There are so many different pokemon types compared to R/B/Y and G/S. I remember playing silver on my phone (before smartphones took off, so it was a java based emulator someone sent to me via Bluetooth) after that I played Ruby for a bit, then my cousin gave me a DS so I played some pearl, though I hardly remember them it's been such a long time; even soul silver is hazy.
I do remember only getting one Eevee though, it's cool that I can breed them in Moon. I was going to get A second hand from CEX but moon retailed cheaper.

It's a real pity Nintendo have moved pokemon to the switch; pokemon was always a portable game and the switch isn't really a handheld console, granted I've never handled one though I would have loved to have seen sword and shield on the N3ds; it could easily handle them with it's extra processing power, even if the graphics had to take a bit of a hit; pokemon was always about gameplay.

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
3 months ago#4
diamorph posted...

I went and evolved a sylveon after plenty of googling. There are so many different pokemon types compared to R/B/Y and G/S.

RBY: 15 types
GCS: 17 types
SuMo: 18 types

I don’t see how that’s “so many different types compared to RBY and GS” SuMo has literraly only 1 more type than the last game you’ve played.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
3 months ago#5
Skull_pro posted...
diamorph posted...

I went and evolved a sylveon after plenty of googling. There are so many different pokemon types compared to R/B/Y and G/S.

I don’t see how that’s “so many different types compared to RBY and GS” SuMo has literraly only 1 more type than the last game you’ve played.

Perhaps TC means Eevee evolution types? In which case:
RBY: 3 types
GSC: 5 types
DPPt/HGSS: 7 types (Well, you actually can't get Leafeon or Glaceon in HGSS. No mossy/icy rock)
XY and beyond: 8 types

Nearly three times as many options now compared to Gen 1.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
3 months ago#6
Thard_Verad posted...
Skull_pro posted...
diamorph posted...

Perhaps TC means Eevee evolution types? In which case:
RBY: 3 types
GSC: 5 types
DPPt/HGSS: 7 types (Well, you actually can't get Leafeon or Glaceon in HGSS. No mossy/icy rock)
XY and beyond: 8 types

Nearly three times as many options now compared to Gen 1.

He clearly said POKEMON types, though.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: sock2ii

sock2ii
2 months ago#7
I personally preferred Umbreon, as it can tank what would normally be a one-hit-KO (which is nearly everything in Gen VII).
My first Shiny Pokemon was a Medicham.
FC: 4872-0014-9209 IGN: Noah

User Info: SpacePirateKhan

SpacePirateKhan
2 months ago#8
According to the Detective Pikachu movie, Flareon is the best Eevee evolution.
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Eevee; which evolution should I go for?