This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. This is a good tip

User Info: Squadfam00

Squadfam00
4 weeks ago#1
Okay so if you ever want to go shiny hunting for Riolu bring a ALOLAN Marowak (or most likely any ghost type but I used Alolan Marowak) because Riolu is an annoying little a****** that likes to commit suicide by using Final Gambit BUT Final Gambit doesn't effect Marowak

So yeah You're welcome😂

User Info: Dannyson97

Dannyson97
4 weeks ago#2
Thank you my marriage is saved!
The meta is what you make it, play by it's rules and be safe or break it and win.-Abraham Lincoln

Squadfam00
4 weeks ago#3
Dannyson97 posted...
Thank you my marriage is saved!

No problem😂

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
4 weeks ago#4
I feel like Swap Breeding might be easier, but hey, anything to stop Final Gambit.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

Squadfam00
4 weeks ago#5
Thard_Verad posted...
I feel like Swap Breeding might be easier, but hey, anything to stop Final Gambit.

Wait What's swap breeding

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
4 weeks ago#6
The basic idea is breeding Magikarp because they hatch quickly. Then if one is shiny, you reset and breed Riolu instead. If done correctly, the shiny Riolu will be in the same place in the sequence.

Guides are available that give more detailed instructions as well as why it works. I've never tried it for shiny hunting, but I did breed a couple of 5IV Marill using the same premise.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. This is a good tip