This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. "I want to feel like an actual Champion after I beat a League"

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
2 months ago#1
So, this (exaggerated) complaint can entirely be put to rest now, as Sun & Moon (not the Ultras) have innovated by having the dialogue of the Elite 4 reflect your champion status. But it doesn't just end there. Professor Kukai, the former champion, is actually non-existent entirely after you do the league again, being replaced by your rival instead, which is a great ass touch.(Great job Game Freak). Moreover, onc you beat the league again, it says "you've defended your title". (Guess I can lose it too o.o)

Now I forget which generation games first started the whole Champion status acknowledgment, but I do remember it was at least present in X&Y and OR/AS. But GF have fully committed on the post-game champion status acknowledgment for both outside (multiple people acknowledge your status, including the PokeMart guy!) and inside the league, and I just love this detail.

(Yes, I just beat these games the other day.)
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
2 months ago#2
Congrats. The Ultra games do the same thing, but I guess the innovation started here.

(Fun fact: Among your Festival Plaza stats, your number of title defenses is recorded)
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: Mew151PKM

Mew151PKM
2 months ago#3
Dude, Professor Kukai never wanted to be Pokémon league champion and He's happy that Sun and Moon are the Pokémon league champions of Alola region.

LightEcoSage
2 months ago#4
Mew151PKM posted...
Dude, Professor Kukai never wanted to be Pokémon league champion and He's happy that Sun and Moon are the Pokémon league champions of Alola region.

Ok, and? Every other champion has never changed after defeating them when you go back to challenge them. And not all gameplay designs are consistent with the story. Kukai isn't the guy you fight again because Game Freak put in the effort to not have that happen, not because of Kukai the character "doesn't really" want to be champion.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
2 months ago#5
I didn't bother to correct this before, but Kukui can reappear to challenge you during a title defense.

https://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/elitefour.shtml
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: jmepik

jmepik
2 months ago#6
Kukui also isn't the champion, never was. Your character is Alola's first ever champion. This is mentioned several times, including in the post-game mission. Kukui was simply there to bestow that title onto you, since you've earned it. He was a de-facto champion, of course, but you're the first person with the title in Alola.
FC: 2981-8731-3433 | IGN: Jam (Sun)

LightEcoSage
2 months ago#7
Thard_Verad posted...
I didn't bother to correct this before, but Kukui can reappear to challenge you during a title defense.

https://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/elitefour.shtml

I figured, because putting in the effort to give him a full team only for him to not be challenged again would be wasted resources.

jmepik posted...
Kukui also isn't the champion, never was. Your character is Alola's first ever champion. This is mentioned several times, including in the post-game mission. Kukui was simply there to bestow that title onto you, since you've earned it. He was a de-facto champion, of course, but you're the first person with the title in Alola.

Poor choice of words, and yes the player is Alola's first Champion.

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
2 months ago#8
Just so you know Tc, Kukui was the founder of the league, not the champion. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be known as Alola’s first champion
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

LightEcoSage
2 months ago#9
Skull_pro posted...
Just so you know Tc, Kukui was the founder of the league, not the champion. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be known as Alola’s first champion

Read the literal post above yours.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. "I want to feel like an actual Champion after I beat a League"