This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Is Pokémon Sun/Moon the WORST mainline Pokémon game?

User Info: FalseHeroine

FalseHeroine
1 month ago#11
Imo, Moon is the best Pokemon game

User Info: mario masta

mario masta
1 month ago#12
zifernando posted...
Bro you should've bought Pokémon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon

I'm not going to spend $40 for a patch.
...I guess...

User Info: OrionBash

OrionBash
1 month ago#13
So I guess I'm unpopular opinion but I rather liked Ultra Sun. This is coming from someone that started with Red/Blue as their target demographic at the time. I'm a huge RPG buff and love long, convoluted stories so to see something even remotely resembling that in a Pokemon game was fantastic. My personal gripe with the story is that they invested a lot in the beginning where they should have kept it simple and when the climax finally happened it felt...rushed. It took me a total of 15 minutes to find, reach, and destroy Necrozma upon beating the initial fight. Lol. Episode RR took way longer and had more of what I felt was a "final dungeon" of sorts. But the story there sucked balls.

...I also really like Gen VII Pokemon. *gasp*
i wholeheartedly agree!!!!!
''Wanna know what else uses Growth in sand?"
(message deleted)
the user above looks
troystandiford
''Wanna know what else uses Growth in sand?"

User Info: RedEyedGin

RedEyedGin
4 weeks ago#17
I don't think it's the worst game in the series, but it's definitely in the bottom three. I hate all the cutscenes. There's so damn many and they're so boring. They happen way to close together, too. I remember I just go down with one and then I walked literally ten steps and then BOOM! Another one started. With the exact same character as the previous one. Ugh.

I also hate the handholding. Pokemon was never that hard. The biggest problem was the level curve, which I think Sun and Moon actually hand really well. Just turn off the EXP share. But I don't need a 2 hour long explanation of everything. I get it, every Pokemon game is someone's first, but come on. You don't need to baby new players that much.

I actually really like Hau. I didn't find him annoying or overly friendly bordering on creepy like the rivals in XY. He's friendly and happy, but not in a bad way. Tbh, I think he's the first "friendly rival" done right, not count Brendan from ORAS since those are remakes and in the original ones he was as bland as a glass of room temperature water.

So yeah, the game's not the worst, but it has a lot of problems. The worst game imo was XY. D/P are very slow and Barry was annoying as balls, but the starters were really cool and Cyrus and Cynthia are just awesome. I'd put them at the third worst. Sun and Moon along with USUM would be tied for second.
Then what are we fighting for?

User Info: HaleyT

HaleyT
4 weeks ago#18
Yes it is.

I really recommend you play Heartgold/Soul Silver. They are the best in the series, and the only games until Lets Go Pikacha/Eevee that had Pokemon follow behind you, which was a fun addition to the series.

They are one of the more challenging pokemon games and the only game that has two regions!!

If you really want to play sun and moon, I'd go for ultra sun and moon. They are supposed to be better and one of the most difficult in the series

User Info: NeoBlade258

NeoBlade258
3 weeks ago#19
Sun/Moon some of the best games in the series
Gimme your phenylalanine hydroxylase

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
1 week ago#20
@HaleyT posted...
Yes it is.

I really recommend you play Heartgold/Soul Silver. They are the best in the series, and the only games until Lets Go Pikacha/Eevee that had Pokemon follow behind you, which was a fun addition to the series. A fun, but ultimately useless features. I didn't hate it, but I can live without it, there are other features that were removed that sucks, though. Fishing mechanics in gen 7 are terrible

They are one of the more challenging pokemon games and the only game that has two regions!! They are only ''challenging'' because of the craptastic level curve. Oh, you're heading toward the 7th gym leader? Here, fight these level 16 mankey to train! Oh, You're in the post game? Hope you enjoy fighting those level 2 rattatas all over again! And both region were VERY short. Even combined, Gen 2 (and the remakes) are shorter than Gen 3,4 and 6.

If you really want to play sun and moon, I'd go for ultra sun and moon. They are supposed to be better and one of the most difficult in the series That, I agree. USUM are definitely better, and there are some difficulty spikes ( If you're unprepared, Ultra Necrozma is by far one of the hardest legendary Pokemon fights)

My opinion in bold
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Is Pokémon Sun/Moon the WORST mainline Pokémon game?