This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. How exactly does priority with mega evolutions work?

User Info: Smiley1000

Smiley1000
2 months ago#1
If I were to use a Pokémon with the ability Prankster and another slower Pokémon that can Mega-Evolve,
and now the Prankster Pokémon uses Protect and the other Mega-Evolves. According to the german Pokéwiki, Protect has a priority of +4 and would therefore gain +5 together with Prankster, which is the same priority as the Mega-Evolution. Now, would the faster Pokémon move/evolve first or would the Mega-Evolution just always happen first?
Also, would a Custap Berry affect this? I mean, the faster one should move first anyway and the slower one doesn't move, so it shouldn't have any effect.
Unfortunately, I don't have the game myself, so I'd love if anyone could try this!
Thanks in advance.

User Info: Jolt135

Jolt135
2 months ago#2
Mega evolution is definitely not a mere +5, it goes before any possible move so if you want to think of it in terms of priority, try placing it at +7 which is clearly out of reach.

User Info: Smiley1000

Smiley1000
2 months ago#3
I am pretty sure it has +5 because as far as I know, Pursuit has a priority of +7 and switching out has one of +6. This would make sense, since switching out always happens before Mega-Evolving.

User Info: Jolt135

Jolt135
2 months ago#4
If you promote the "pseudo-priority" of mega evolution to 7 to represent that it can't have any possible collision with moves, then you would adjust switching to 8 and switch-Pursuit to 9 along with it.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
2 months ago#5
Monkey wrench: Player A switches, Player B Mega Evolves (Beedrill, perhaps) and uses Pursuit.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. How exactly does priority with mega evolutions work?