This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Rate my Elite Four Team

User Info: officialmilk

officialmilk
2 months ago#1
Hey, I finally think I'm happy with my final team and ready to take on the Elite Four. But, before I do, I just wanted to see what your opinions are.

I don't really have a strategy when going into the Elite Four and can't really remember what their teams are like from Pokemon Moon.

Decidueye
Nature - Serious
Ability - Overgrow
Moves - Synthesis, Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Pluck

Lanturn
Nature - Rash
Ability - Volt Absorb
Moves - Discharge, Hydro Pump, Aqua Ring, Electro Ball

Metagross
Nature - Adamant
Ability - Clear Body
Moves - Zen Headbut, Psychic. Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch

Garchomp
Nature - Jolly
Ability - Sand Veil
Moves - Dig, Draco Meteor, Crunch, Dragon Rush

Infernape
Nature - Calm
Ability - Blaze
Moves - Close Combat, Mach Punch, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel

Sneasel
Nature - Timid
Ability - Keen Eye
Moves - Beat Up, Feint Attack, Icy Wind, Ice Shard

P.S - I didn't breed for specific natures or anything, so if some of them have bad natures, that's why.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
2 months ago#2
Honestly, your team's levels and your bag's items matter more than the team's natures. If you fill your pack with potions, revives, and X-series items, you should be able to win.

From the left:
Elite Four #1 uses hard-hitting Fighting-types, many of which have coverage moves to nail Psychic, Flying, or Fairy opponents. Metagross should be able to handle things, but be sure to feed him X Defend before going on the attack.

Elite Four #2 specializes in Rock-types, again with coverage moves. Your team seems better-equipped to handle this one with four Pokemon able to deal super-effective STAB attacks. Just watch for Earthquakes and the like.

Elite Four #3 gives up the Ghosts. These Pokemon are primarily (but not exclusively) special attackers, so Lanturn might be a good sponge. Sneasel's nature hinders three of its attacks, not to mention its best stat. Good luck.

Elite Four #4 has a team full of Flyers. Lanturn and Sneasel again have an edge, and Metagross can try to tank hits when you need to revive.

There's always a fifth battle. The last trainer has a mixed team, so hopefully you still have potions left.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: traininsince99

traininsince99
2 months ago#3
officialmilk posted...
Hey, I finally think I'm happy with my final team and ready to take on the Elite Four. But, before I do, I just wanted to see what your opinions are.

I don't really have a strategy when going into the Elite Four and can't really remember what their teams are like from Pokemon Moon.

Decidueye
Nature - Serious
Ability - Overgrow
Moves - Synthesis, Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Pluck

Lanturn
Nature - Rash
Ability - Volt Absorb
Moves - Discharge, Hydro Pump, Aqua Ring, Electro Ball

Metagross
Nature - Adamant
Ability - Clear Body
Moves - Zen Headbut, Psychic. Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch

Garchomp
Nature - Jolly
Ability - Sand Veil
Moves - Dig, Draco Meteor, Crunch, Dragon Rush

Infernape
Nature - Calm
Ability - Blaze
Moves - Close Combat, Mach Punch, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel

Sneasel
Nature - Timid
Ability - Keen Eye
Moves - Beat Up, Feint Attack, Icy Wind, Ice Shard

P.S - I didn't breed for specific natures or anything, so if some of them have bad natures, that's why.

Pretty solid team, although for Elite 4 just need higher level Pokémon and healing items. I was wondering though how you got a Chimchar in your play through?

officialmilk
2 months ago#4
@traininsince99

I actually got it through a wonder trade for a random Pikipek.

officialmilk
2 months ago#5
@Thard_Verad

Yeah, I figured the natures were bad. I've stocked up on tons of berries, healing potions and X items. I've got all around level 58-60 mons.

Thanks for responding :)

User Info: quintonshark163

quintonshark163
2 months ago#6
@officialmilk posted...
@Thard_Verad

Yeah, I figured the natures were bad. I've stocked up on tons of berries, healing potions and X items. I've got all around level 58-60 mons.

Garchomp and Metagross being the only exceptions
they both have fine natures

also, Flame Wheel serves no purpose at this point when you could have Flare Blitz or Flamethrower

and Garchomp and Metagross should've have Draco Meteor and Psychic respectively because of their natures
i suggest, replace Draco Meteor with Poison Jab and Psychic with Hammer Arm

Decidueye should have Brave Bird instead of Pluck
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Offical Kommo-o of Smash Bros. boards. i had been grinched by the Grinch Leak lol. The Government is stupid AF
(edited 2 months ago)

officialmilk
2 months ago#7
quintonshark163 posted...
@officialmilk posted...
@Thard_Verad

Garchomp and Metagross being the only exceptions
they both have fine natures

also, Flame Wheel serves no purpose at this point when you could have Flare Blitz or Flamethrower

and Garchomp and Metagross should've have Draco Meteor and Psychic respectively because of their natures
i suggest, replace Draco Meteor with Poison Jab and Psychic with Hammer Arm

Decidueye should have Brave Bird instead of Pluck

Thank you, I have since beaten the Elite Four (with little difficulty), but I will definitely make these adjustments for the postgame.
@milk.gov.com
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Rate my Elite Four Team