This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Tapu Fini ko'd itself.... what to do?

User Info: ambrosiadreamer

ambrosiadreamer
1 month ago#1
I guess this is more of a rant than anything (hence general) but goddam. I went through 13 luxury balls, a net ball, and I lost track of how many ultra balls I used. And instead of getting in the ball? It suicides.

So here’s my question for y’all:

I haven’t saved in a bit and did some UB quests. Do I bite the bullet and reset to my last save or do I refight the elite four?
One is a waste of time but the other one is a complete waste of money

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
1 month ago#2
What, you want us to vote?

Have a look at your UBs. If they're any good, keep them and rematch the E4.
If they suck, reset to your last save.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: TheMonkeyKing

TheMonkeyKing
1 month ago#3
Word of advice you always save before you attempt to caught a legendary.

ambrosiadreamer
1 month ago#4
Thard_Verad
What, you want us to vote?

Have a look at your UBs. If they're any good, keep them and rematch the E4.
If they suck, reset to your last save.

I mean no not really I don’t want a vote just input lmao.

TheMonkeyKing posted...
Word of advice you always save before you attempt to caught a legendary.

I wasn’t really expecting a legendary I just kinda walked up to this rock a 5am after not sleeping all night like “oh s***” also I’ve never not caught a legendary tbh.

Thard_Verad
1 month ago#5
Lucky you. The lake sprites in Sinnoh have horrible catch rates and I had them Struggle themselves to death more than once. It didn't help that even then, I wanted good nature and IVs, so I'd reset a bad result.

*ahem* Anyway, like I said, evaluate the progress you made catching the UBs. If they're worth keeping, write off the cost of the failed Tapu catch. Otherwise reset to get back the items and retry the UB missions to catch better specimens.

ambrosiadreamer
1 month ago#6
Thard_Verad posted...
Lucky you. The lake sprites in Sinnoh have horrible catch rates and I had them Struggle themselves to death more than once. It didn't help that even then, I wanted good nature and IVs, so I'd reset a bad result.

*ahem* Anyway, like I said, evaluate the progress you made catching the UBs. If they're worth keeping, write off the cost of the failed Tapu catch. Otherwise reset to get back the items and retry the UB missions to catch better specimens.

Lol I remember the sprites. Pearl was my first Pokémon game and it was a disaster of a play through. 6 year old me used the master ball on an Onix, one hit ko’d Palkia, and I killed Mesprit. To this day I still have only Uxie and Azelf as a reminder of my mistakes.

Now that reminiscing is over haha I ended up getting some good ultra beasts. I wiped out the league with a few lvl 100’s faster than it would take to redo the missions and used an amulet coin to get my cash back. I’ve also resolved to not touch the tapus until I get a full 8 hours of sleep

Thard_Verad
1 month ago#7
Wait, wasn't 4th Gen where they started doing the 'respawn by beating the League' thing? You may yet be able to get Mesprit!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Tapu Fini ko'd itself.... what to do?
  • Topic Archived