This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. How would YOU defeat a fire team with a grass team for double battles?

User Info: Loriee

Loriee
3 months ago#11
I'm no competitive battler, but I'd maybe try to put Water Sport to use on Ludicolo and/or Roserade, plus of course Rain Dance

Anyone could use Toxic of course but Roserade and others could also throw Toxic Spikes in there to make you use less turns to poison opponents

Prankster Whimsicott could get tailwind/trick room or something up and also do some fairy damage?

That's all I can think of for now
Just a Pokemon player looking at Pokemon related stuff. Might have something random to say or ask sometimes, don't take me too seriously.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
3 months ago#12
Fairy is NVE vs Fire. I'm not sure you can stall long enough for Toxic to do its job, but Water Sport is a good option.

If it's raining, Weather Ball becomes a 100 BP Water-type attack. So that's another surprise for those Fire-types.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: Loriee

Loriee
3 months ago#13
I suggested fairy damage Whimsicott mainly because of Reshiram and Blaziken. If I'm not mistaken, fairy does neutral damage against those two. With stuff like Water Sport and/or Rain Dance up, maybe also Reflect/Light screen if possible or a Substitute, a defensive Whimsicott could probably tank some fire attacks while using Prankster to get Tailwind up for slower Pokemon like Torterra.

Also if I'm not mistaken, you can get Exeggutor with the Harvest ability, maybe give it an Occa berry? Or alternatively an Alolan Exeggutor with a Sitrus berry, or Rest and Chesto berry
Just a Pokemon player looking at Pokemon related stuff. Might have something random to say or ask sometimes, don't take me too seriously.

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
3 months ago#14
As someone else suggested in this topic, Rain Dance is an excellent way to stick it to that Fire team.

Ludicolo is a grass type who can benefit from Rain Dance as well, so that's a good start

Lawnmower Rotom would also be a nice grass type who can benefit from a Rain Dance set up

Some of my personal fave grass types off the top of my head, without any type of thought put towards how they can function on a RD team are Mega Sceptile, Torterra, Cradily, Exeggutor, and Shiinotic.
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
3 months ago#15
Looking at that team that was listed in the OP, they are mostly all glass cannons

so having Cradily or Torterra set up Stealth Rock may not be a bad idea, and then Mega Sceptile to punch some holes in stuff since it has speed to outrun everything in that OP outside of HA Blaziken and Mega Charizard with Sunny Day.

Mega Sceptile doesn't have the greatest moveset though.

Again, this is just off the top of my head without any real thought put towards it, so if something here is a bad idea, please feel free to LMK
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. How would YOU defeat a fire team with a grass team for double battles?
  • Topic Archived