This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. How would YOU defeat a fire team with a grass team for double battles?

User Info: bookwormbabe29

bookwormbabe29
4 months ago#1
Topic, really.

The story: I have not touched this in a long while, but my nephew is into it now so here I am.So for reasons only known to a 7 year old, I need to use an all grass team, and he is using an all fire team. I don't have one trained, so I'm trying to wing it and losing a lot. I am currently running Decidueye, Venusaur, Exeggcute, Torterra, Ludicolo, and Chesnaught, as that's what I had in my boxes. I'm thinking of raising an army of Ludicolo's for laughs, but trying to come up with other ideas too. Oh, it's for double battles mostly, as again, the 7 year old demands it. For what it is worth, his fire team is mostly starters, Charizard, Blaziken, Infernape, Incineroar, Talonflame, and Reshiram.

Any ideas would be welcome. Thank you for your time.
3DS Friend Code: 0920-2538-1864
Fire Emblem Fates Castle Code: 18224-27219 // 29440-83618

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
4 months ago#2
Make it rain.
"Today, we use our power to fell a god"
Best 4 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2

User Info: Touya999

Touya999
4 months ago#3
Earthquake
Nintendo switch fc : SW-3862-0989-2485
Smile, Sweet,Sister,Sadistic,Surprise,Service.This is Low /(_) Tier (/_\)God <(_)>

User Info: face235

face235
4 months ago#4
Hey, if Miror B. can kick ass with a party of Ludicolos, then you can too, @bookwormbabe29.
https://i.imgtc.com/oYV1zaD.gif
I don't care if an item is useless - it exists, so therefore I must get it. xD -Peter_19-
Official Golbez of the Zelda Social Board

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
4 months ago#5
Rain and Earthquake from Torterra would help you out.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
4 months ago#6
6v6 doubles? I think Stealth Rock deserves a spot on the team. Cradily and Torterra can both learn it. Bonus points if you can phaze his fire-types around. And if he's pulling Reshiram out of the box, maybe throw Arceus-Grass back at him? *evil grin*

If you use Mega Venusaur, the Thick Fat ability will reduce his weakness to fire (and ice). He can learn Earthquake too.

And never underestimate the usefulness of Protect. If you think one of your Pokemon is going to be double-targeted, have it Protect itself to waste your foe's attacks while your other Pokemon strikes back.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: Linx_s

Linx_s
4 months ago#7
Off topic a bit, but I wish my nephew (a tiny bit older) would come up with neat challenges like this. He just keeps throwing legendaries (mostly dragon or psychics) at me, and wonders why he always loses to a Gyrados/Sharpedo.
So, this place has changed a bit...niice
Everything would be fine, if it wasn't for Fry's dog.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 months ago#8
Mega Venusaur could be useful because of thick fat. Torterra’s pretty slow but if can get off an Earthquake it should do some good damage. Maybe occa berry to allow it to set up rock polish? Ludicolo with rain dance could work too
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; Mii Name: Luigi
NNID: MARIOS_BRO123; Steam, PSN, and XBL: IceBlueLugia

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
4 months ago#9
Troll idea: Sun/Chlorophyll/Spore (or Sleep Powder)

Mwu ha ha. ^_^
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: Revoltine

Revoltine
4 months ago#10
I would suggest having the following archetypes:

Trick Room Support + Torterra with Protect, Earthquake, and Rock Slide — extremely important against the speedy setup your nephew has. Will OHKO non-sash Talonflame and no bulk Charizard.
Heavy Duty Leftovers Pokemon with any 2 or more of these moves: Leech Seed/Ingrain/Toxic/Recover — stall Cradily fits this archetype too well against Fire types even Blaziken if it’s not using High Jump Kick. If it does, just use Protect and it will die from the “miss” damage.
A Venusaur with Thick Fat and a bit of bulk —for reasons already mentioned by others
Stealth Rock Support —best paired with a toxic spreader, sleeper, or a phazer
Rain Dance — already mentioned by others

If you’re willing to troll the hell out of him tho, try 6 Beat Up Kartana
3DS Friend Code: 5344 - 4304 - 3151
Training for VGC atm.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. How would YOU defeat a fire team with a grass team for double battles?
  • Topic Archived