This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Global Link Log In Problem (Official Thread 2.0)

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
3 years ago#1
Continuing from our old thread. To begin with a Mini-FAQ that we would ask everyone to read first before asking question. Since information got quickly lost in the old thread, I have compiled the most important questions and links here at the beginning.

The Problem

Everyone that needs to make a new account to register their game cannot do so. While the registration (usually) works and other parts of the site can be accessed with the newly made Trainer Club Account, attempting to sign into the Global Link part of the website merely refreshes the website and the user is not brought to the screen where you can enter your Game Sync ID.

Who is affected?

Everyone that needs to make a new account, either because they are new to Pokémon, did not make one in the past or skipped several generations.

Everyone who already has an account with a game registered via Global Link can still do so.

What does this mean for me?

Without registering your Game Synch ID you cannot participate in online activities that require some form of identification. This means Ranking battles, online competitions like the recent Alola Friendly, but it also affects rewards for Global Missions. In short everything that needs a registered Game Synch ID. You can still use in-game functions like GTS, Wonder Trade and so forth just fine.

Most important for all of us is what we have already and will continue to lose out on, if we are not allowed to register our game. While losses have been "relatively" small up to this point (50 BP), they are starting to get steeper (2000 FC less for the current mission, as well as no Rare Candies... no idea about the Friend Ball). With the next competition approaching, the situation is getting very serious since now certain Megastones will be locked behind the entry and participation.

How long has this issue been around?

Frankly we can't say for sure. While most reports came in from around early to mid January, the earliest user account talks about a time around Christmas. So it may very well have been since launch for all we know.

What is Nintendo/PTC doing?

Apparently... nothing. It took them about three weeks of constant support inquiries to even officially acknowledge the situation on their site and Twitter account. Over a week has passed since then (02.02.2017) and still nothing has changed.

Recent Update! Apparently PTC is back to completely ignoring the issue exist. Instead in a sick, twisted joke the only thing remaining in place of the notice is the older news proclaiming old Megastones will be given out through online competitions... which we still can't enter.

Is there a workaround?

Not that we know of. Don't believe any of the supposed "fixes" that float around on Youtube, they do not work (at the point of this post at least).

Can't we do anything?

You can file support tickets at their website but you are very likely only to get automated messages in return. The thing needed most at this point is public pressure. The Pokémon community is huge and the amount of "new" players is relatively small which is what allows them to downplay and seemingly ignore the issue altogether. If you are affected (and even if not), spread the word. Post on social media, write famous Pokémon and gaming news sites to make this problem public. We have tried in the past but without any success. The more that do so, however, the harder it will be to ignore the issue.

Minaru44
3 years ago#2
This does not affect me? Why should I care?

You should very much care. Sadly these were the kind of reactions we often received when trying to get others to care about our problem. You must keep in mind, however, that something like this could very well happen to you at some point. If such a comparably minor issue (in terms of programming) cannot be fixed at all what will happen if something comes up that really does affect everyone? Or what would happen, if you lose your account and need to make a new one?

Being deprived of parts of the game you paid hard money for because of the inactivity and inability of the responsible company is never a fun thing and I am sure most of you have experienced it before and elsewhere. Keeping silent and an uncaring attitude is not the way to get our rights, however.

For this reason alone you should care and support our cause in whatever small way you can.

Where can I learn more and keep updated?

At the moment this is the biggest gathering of affected users. In the previous thread we have so far successfully managed to enlist the aid of Youtubers Verlisify and Austin John. Furthermore I am covering the situation on my own blog, along with regular updates on the situation.

List of Related Links

Original Thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74839341
Blog Article: http://mysticmew44.blogspot.com/2017/01/new-trainers-of-pokemon-cannot-sync.html

Austin John Video (recommended)

https://youtu.be/6KdkcFVl8SA

Verlisify Video

https://youtu.be/6lqGdOoA2Y0)

Video by Destiny_Star (showcasing the problem)

https://youtu.be/fNYgsfGEAUU

Kotaku Article (somewhat misleading): http://kotaku.com/account-snafu-might-explain-why-pokemon-players-keep-fa-1791919598

User Info: Destiny_Star

Destiny_Star
3 years ago#3
And... PGL just removed their link stating that there were problems with PGL login. This is starting to come suspicious...
And very well done about documenting this issue Minaru! This information is so important for the pokemon community!
You believe in Destiny? First, believe in yourself...

User Info: Lolplaza

Lolplaza
3 years ago#4
Jeez this is actually ridiculous. On the pokemon twitter they still have the link up saying that they're working on the problem LINKING you to the page. It doesn't work.

User Info: Melody_Prisca

Melody_Prisca
3 years ago#5
Destiny_Star posted...
And... PGL just removed their link stating that there were problems with PGL login. This is starting to come suspicious...
And very well done about documenting this issue Minaru! This information is so important for the pokemon community!

Stuff like this is what upsets me the most. You know, if they had issues fixing the glitch, but they answered support tickets respectably, they were open and honest about the issue, and they addressed us not getting rewards, then I wouldn't be as upset. It's not just that I'm locked out of features, it's that I'm locked out features, I've been disrespect in my support tickets, The Pokemon company isn't addressing people's concerns (like if we'll get mawilite/beedrillite as compensation), and now their doing stuff like deleting the page they told us go check on for updates on this issue. That just makes me lose respect for them.

Melody_Prisca
3 years ago#6
FYI, I can confirm that the Japanese registration process works. I created a Japanese account just fine. It let me get to the point where I could try and game sync even. Only problem is, you can't register us copies of sun and moon on the Japanese site. Screw region locking.

Minaru44
3 years ago#7
Huh, that at least confirms one suspicion we had. So clearly the problem is in the transit between the servers... Wonderful.

Geez, you just close out a thread and attract another know-it-all that never bothered to read the whole problem. Why do you think I put all the relevant information in one (okay two) posts this time? This is the kind of attitude that pisses me off really since it does not help anyone. You know who I mean... and if you start this here too, maybe I will be the one to report someone.

Going to bed now.

User Info: MegaGengar

MegaGengar
3 years ago#8
Weird. I'm not having a log in problem.
Then again I never registered my game to it as I didn't want to deal with that non sense.

Melody_Prisca
3 years ago#9
MegaGengar posted...
Then again I never registered my game to it as I didn't want to deal with that non sense.

You made an account before the bug then. Which was at least as early as the 15th of January. So it's no surprise you can login. This bug only impacts people who don't have preexisting account. If you are claiming to have made an account after the 15th, and are able to login to global link. I don't believe you. You'll need something to back that up.

User Info: MegaGengar

MegaGengar
3 years ago#10
Melody_Prisca posted...
MegaGengar posted...

You made an account before the bug then. Which was at least as early as the 15th of January. So it's no surprise you can login. This bug only impacts people who don't have preexisting account. If you are claiming to have made an account after the 15th, and are able to login to global link. I don't believe you. You'll need something to back that up.

My PGL was made since Gen V if I remember correctly.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Global Link Log In Problem (Official Thread 2.0)
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

QR Code/Island Scan Guide by Silica 3 months ago
Wild Pokemon Location List by spooky96 3 years ago
Guide and Walkthrough by KeyBlade999 / yoshi_chao 3 years ago
Battle Buffet FAQ by Megadash 3 years ago
TM List by spooky96 3 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A