This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Pokebank level up and breeding question

User Info: Leventhan26

Leventhan26
3 years ago#1
I am thinking about picking up some of the older pokemon games and had a few questions about pokebank and couldn't find the answers anywhere.

My first question is split into two parts, say that I transfer a lv 1 pokemon that doesn't exist into pokemon sun and moon, will that pokemon still learn the moves it was suppose to in the previous games or will it's moves be set based on what I transferred it in with. The second part is how would this work with a pokemon that already exists in sun and moon, will it learn moves that it should have from the previous game, or will it start learning moves from sun and moon.

My second question is, if the pokemon learns moves from the game it was transferred from, how does this work with breeding? If I breed it with a ditto will it be an old version pokemon or will it learn moves as if it was a sun and moon pokemon.

My last questions is about a thread I read while looking up pokebank stuff. People were talking about when you transfer pokemon from bank that their natures, IV's ect are reset/randomized, is this true?

User Info: Baum

Baum
3 years ago#2
The learnset of a Pokemon always depends on the game it's in. So, if you have a Pikachu in, say, Yellow it will only ever learn moves it can learn in yellow but when you transfer it to Sun/Moon it will only be able to (re)learn moves it can learn in Sun/Moon. It will keep the moves it had in Yellow if you transfer it but I have no idea if you can relearn the "Yellow Version-only" moves if your Pikachu forgets them. We'll have to wait for the update for Bank before we'll know that.

Egg moves also depend on the version a Pokemon is in. Every Pokemon, regardless of whether you can currently get it in Sun/Moon or not, has its own Gen 7 learnset, including egg moves it can pass down. So, no. It doesn't matter if a Pokemon "exists" in Gen 7 atm. You can breed and pass down moves and learn moves just like with the other Pokemon.

And...I don't think anyone can tell for sure what they will do with things like IVs, abilities and natures at this time. They didn't say anything about that yet afaik.
3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
3 years ago#3
Baum posted...
It will keep the moves it had in Yellow if you transfer it but I have no idea if you can relearn the "Yellow Version-only" moves if your Pikachu forgets them. We'll have to wait for the update for Bank before we'll know that.

Egg moves and other non-learnset moves were only recognized from Gen 6 and up, so anything not on the learnset will not be relearnable.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Discord Chat for online gaming with Chaos! https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb
The more you learn, the less you know, maaan...

User Info: Leventhan26

Leventhan26
3 years ago#4
Alright, thank you very much.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Pokebank level up and breeding question
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A