This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Festival Plaza FAQ v1.2
(message deleted)

User Info: Fred_VII

Fred_VII
2 years ago#52
It doesn't stop it.

And what you are saying is true, it's slightly faster, but then you have to deal with spending more time to get the caps, so it's likely the same.

You still only need one VIP, though. Just have the same VIP over wright his own stall.

*edit*

Ninja'd
Great thing about this armor... Could be anybody inside...
*Virtual Grunt of the Digital Age*
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
2 years ago#53
Eh, I just realized it is actually more expansive. It works for the first time. But after that you'd always be spending 200 for 1 instead of 150 if switching between a random 1 star and the TH2. I guess you could maybe mix it up but that would be too much of a hassle to keep track of. ^_^

I'm mostly set really. Since I just got to the third island I am still far away from actually needing Rare Kitchen so I'm gonna spend all the FC I gathered (or almost all of them) on Bottlecaps now and wait for the next lucky day to farm some more.

Has anyone actually ever managed to VIP someone without losing the bubble while doing the FC farming trick? It was described in the corosponding Gamerguides section that you could do so by noting down the name of the person with a good red text, call them into your castle after the next reset and make them a VIP there to gain more points after that. But whenever I tried that it just messed up the process and I lost the bubble.. and calling them before speaking to them again just caused an endless "Something came up" when they are outside again, even after reset.

User Info: wildthing202

wildthing202
2 years ago#54
How do you remove the green notification icon on the menu?

User Info: HylianAngel

HylianAngel
2 years ago#55
wildthing202 posted...
How do you remove the green notification icon on the menu?

You have to interact with all the guests with red speech bubbles. If the green notification is still there, you missed someone. Also, the red speech bubbles return about every hour.
3DS FC: 2895-6825-3576
In-Game Name: Stephanie

Minaru44
2 years ago#56
So... which one is technically better?

Guest interacting with a Plaza buff or Wonder Trading with highest buffs in both Plaza and WT (32 per trade)? I just got the highest Plaza buff from one of my Fortune Teller. I am in no hurry to do another run since I have plenty of FC and with the 4000 from the mission incoming I can get my second Rare Kitchen (found a guest today ago with one) and still have some to spare. So I can wait to get a very good in WT.

I suppose if you are lucky, guest interacting with a very good buff can potentially yield more but it is also more tedious as you constantly have to switch on and off your internet connection in one way or another. Wonder Trading you can just select something and do it over and over, should go pretty fast and you won't have to disconnect at all. Plus, there's the added bonus of maybe getting something really rare.
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Fred_VII

Fred_VII
2 years ago#57
Guest interacting will be better if you have VIPs with good stats. The highest amount of coins from guest interactions come from talking to people that want you to show them a person with high levels of a specific category. From personal observation (someone likely needs to verify this), the better the VIP's category, the better the amount of coins you will get. I have no idea what the highest amount you can get back is, but I do know that when I had a "good" buff I was able to get 120 coins from one person. At one point I was clearing about 500 coins in one round.

Lots of luck involved, though. How many people wanted to be shown VIPs, how high the categories are, and getting the plaza buff to begin with.
Great thing about this armor... Could be anybody inside...
*Virtual Grunt of the Digital Age*

Minaru44
2 years ago#58
That was my experience as well... Technically it is better IF you set up VIPs beforehand (since doing so before or after the bubble will just screw up the process). I wonder though how Plaza Rank differences factors into this (I'm already 65 by now)? I know lower level guests often give less along with "older" guests. But can you refresh VIPs by simply going online? I threw most of my older ones from my first run out by now because they kept giving me less and less points after a few days.

I think I'll still try WT chaining if I can find a best buff for that too (got a fourth tent now, 3 three stars and 1 5 star). There is the additonal fun in maybe getting something useful every once in awhile and by this point all I really need is extra FC for Bottle Cap farming and using the Rare Kitchens. Not to mention I don't have a high variety of shops anymore since most of my Plaza is/will be Fortune Teller Tents, Rare Kitchens and the Treasure Hunt.

On that subject... You can get around spending FC for the replacement one star for Bottle Caps by always taking whatever Sophocles offers, go to your VIP and replace it again, grab another Bottle Cap. If you remember to do this every time you level up, you can gradually save up on Bottle Caps over time. Sure, it's not much but if you start this early enough...

User Info: HylianAngel

HylianAngel
2 years ago#59
The sample size isn't large enough, but I believe that there are some other 5-star facilities that are version-exclusive that Serebii hasn't stated, based on the 1/3/5 and 2/4 pattern.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FestivalPlaza/comments/5trol6/a_small_experiment/ddokxkd/

I also updated this unique facility exterior topic with percentages, but bear in mind that they are tentative as the sample size isn't big enough to be accurate.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FestivalPlaza/comments/5mqnmj/facilities_with_unique_aesthetics/
3DS FC: 2895-6825-3576
In-Game Name: Stephanie
(edited 2 years ago)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sun
  3. Festival Plaza FAQ v1.2